Medalist - Ch. 43 - The girl at the top

Thank you so much for the translation. I was re-reading the last chapter and got a very nice surprise when the next chapter loaded up. Looking forward to Iruka's skate in the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Mann I can't wait for this manga to get licensed here in my country. I will 100% without a doubt buy it even though I already read it here twice

Double-page supporter
holy shit that last iruka panel looks amazing

really love how detailed the programs are, all of the little inoris throughout the page are so full of life, you can almost hear the music

thank you so much for the translation!

Double-page supporter
I like how much iruka likes inori, she obviously wants to win but at the same time she really wants to make inori happy, now sshe will show inori how much she has to improve to be able to fight against hikaru without relying on luck, I guess she will take top spot now and hopefully inori can start developing the "hawk eyes" thing.

I feel like the tone of this chapter was a bit more subdued than any of Inori's other competitions, and I think that's deliberate. This is the first performance where she wasn't relying on pulling off miracles, rather she was just executing an extremely high and refined level of skill. Case in point, even the lvl 4 step sequence which was such a big moment in the previous competition almost seemed like a done deal in this one.

I feel like the tone of this chapter was a bit more subdued than any of Inori's other competitions, and I think that's deliberate. This is the first performance where she wasn't relying on pulling off miracles, rather she was just executing an extremely high and refined level of skill. Case in point, even the lvl 4 step sequence which was such a big moment in the previous competition almost seemed like a done deal in this one.
yeah i think this arc will be more on the chill side similar to meikou cup or west japan to let us take a breather after the intensity of all-japans and introduce all the key players in junior. though the tone can definitely change once we get to the long program. i guess we'll see

Dex-chan lover
i've always thought it's cool how jam-packed the pages can get in medalist but wow, how many drawings on one page is that, really insane... love seeing the GOE elements pop up in real time with her skate too- even if she didn't understand the technicalities, she's still very dedicated to excellent performance, thanks to coach :,-))) iruka on the last page is SO COOL- super excited to see what the competitors on the next (top..) level are like!!

edit: coming back, i think this cycle where she's not competing directly with hikaru (as she's likely to do for the rest of their careers) and instead gets an expanded view of the ice skating world is really priceless- she might have missed out on the youth camps bc of her age but she's also gained a valuable opportunity :,-)

Last edited:
yeah i think this arc will be more on the chill side similar to meikou cup or west japan to let us take a breather after the intensity of all-japans and introduce all the key players in junior. though the tone can definitely change once we get to the long program. i guess we'll see
I was actually thinking it was along the lines of illustrating her increase in skill over time. Every other tournament she has relied on at least one miracle move, and in the All-Japan basically every move felt like a miracle move. In the All-Japan her level 4 step sequence felt kind of like "Wow she pulled off a level 4 that's absolutely incredible!", in this one it, at least to me, felt more like "Great! She pulled off a level 4, just as planned." Well that's my view anyway, I might be reading too much into it.

EDIT: I also want to clarify that this comment isn't about my enjoyment as a reader, I am loving these chapters just as much as the previous ones, I'm just speculating if this feeling I have from the chapter is in any way deliberate from the author.

I was actually thinking it was along the lines of illustrating her increase in skill over time. Every other tournament she has relied on at least one miracle move, and in the All-Japan basically every move felt like a miracle move. In the All-Japan her level 4 step sequence felt kind of like "Wow she pulled off a level 4 that's absolutely incredible!", in this one it, at least to me, felt more like "Great! She pulled off a level 4, just as planned." Well that's my view anyway, I might be reading too much into it.

EDIT: I also want to clarify that this comment isn't about my enjoyment as a reader, I am loving these chapters just as much as the previous ones, I'm just speculating if this feeling I have from the chapter is in any way deliberate from the author.
While I don't disagree with the miracle move/shortcake strategy thing (because I'm of the belief that Inori is at a disadvantage when it comes to her peers because of the lack of experience she has had with competing/skating camps,and hopefully juniors is when she'll start accumulating that and honing her skills) Inori had; but at least in my POV her level 4 was because of her skill. She'a always loved the essence of ice dancing more than jumping and although I'm sad it's only shown in the BG; she did practice very hard to acheive that. I thought that It was meant to be ammunition against the other competitors

I don't know who the scanlator or the translator, but I love you. And if you ever need to raise money for raws, I will be more than happy to contribute

Users who are viewing this thread