Medalist - Vol. 10 Ch. 39 - Trial and Error

Dex-chan lover
Our POV:

TNxaoL2.png

Fed-Kun's army
these coaches are so good, wish the top coaches irl were like them and cared about their athletes more too

loved hikaru always paying attention to their training on the bg lol she's so focused on inori

thank you for the translation!

as always, thank you so much translator for translating this chapter! you're truly doing god's work!

Dex-chan lover
I find it interesting how Tsukasa is concerned about how Inori doesn't listen to him and other coach told him it was due to conception bias. Not realising that he never listen to others like his teacher and even Jun telling him he is actually ultra genius due to his conception how skaters should start at young age while he start at his 20s. I hope Tsukasa end up restarting his career as skater again and he got to to Olympic with Inori

Truly beautiful chapter, I kneel Ikada-sensei.

“That’s just how it is teaching children” was so funny and very real. Tsukasa is an incredibly charming character, he has a lot of whimsy to him but is also SUCH a good mentor and truly does his best as an adult.

That being said, the cut to Hikaru during that part of the speech where it mentions you can’t always protect children from unexpected happenings… really hit hard. I know we will find out more about what happened to Hikaru eventually, but her confrontation with Tsukasa has still been haunting me. She has been consistently failed by all the adults in her life, and I have an idea of what might have happened to her… but I won’t mention it in this post lol. Tsukasa did the best he possibly could have there, but it was still so hard to watch.

“That’s just how it is teaching children” was so funny and very real. Tsukasa is an incredibly charming character, he has a lot of whimsy to him but is also SUCH a good mentor and truly does his best as an adult.

That being said, the cut to Hikaru during that part of the speech where it mentions you can’t always protect children from unexpected happenings… really hit hard. I know we will find out more about what happened to Hikaru eventually, but her confrontation with Tsukasa has still been haunting me. She has been consistently failed by all the adults in her life, and I have an idea of what might have happened to her… but I won’t mention it in this post lol. Tsukasa did the best he possibly could have there, but it was still so hard to watch.
i agree. very excited to see more of hikaru. but it was actually miku in that panel

i agree. very excited to see more of hikaru. but it was actually miku in that panel
no way……………………….. in my defense I just pulled an all nighter. Thank you for pointing it out though. Also looking forward to more of Jun in the upcoming chapter :]

Aggregator gang
this is suuuuch an insanely good chapter . the coaches genuinely looking out for their young girls was so sweet and there were some great tsukasa faces in there!! and then the medalist one-two punch of inori-tsukasa angst ...... it's painful as hell to watch tsukasa forced to face his true wasted potential as a skater as he grows so quickly alongside inori. he really has become the coach he never had as a kid and now he has to digest that grief over a past he cant change, still all by himself. ((really tho, anyone can lose podium once— this is a kind manga so i hope he gets his second chance......))

Dex-chan lover
The coaches care so much, I love it. Seeing Inori and Coach Tsukasa progress in parallel is very nice. Now to see where this goes with the whole Jun bit. I love the peeks we get into the minds of the eccentric geniuses of Jun and Hikaru.

Users who are viewing this thread