King of the Labyrinth - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.3

Dex-chan lover
Genuine question, of which I don't mean to be antagonistic; why weren't the part chapters released as full chapters? Is it just easier to post it the way it was released, or would it have been marked as spam if you did it? I'm not trying to complain, I'm just wondering.
Btw, good job on the translations, top notch.

Dex-chan lover
so that's all. the series seems to be on hiatus after volume 2 and the last chapter was chapter 9.

Genuine question, of which I don't mean to be antagonistic; why weren't the part chapters released as full chapters? Is it just easier to post it the way it was released, or would it have been marked as spam if you did it? I'm not trying to complain, I'm just wondering.
that's how the original chapters were uploaded I think.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapters.
That's one hell of a pissed off cow, it's chewing through the kingdom's reserve of S tiers like it's a bowl of cereal. Someone isekai a matador to provide it with a worthy opponent.

Dex-chan lover
I must warn everyone reading this story. The story is only good up until the end of the first volume (it's currently around halfway volume 1 in this chapter). The reason why the story quality tanks after that is because there's a main character change and the minotaur becomes a minor side character. All because the author decided to have a human MC with a bunch of worthless loredumps.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I must warn everyone reading this story. The story is only good up until the end of the first volume (it's currently around halfway volume 1 in this chapter). The reason why the story quality tanks after that is because there's a main character change and the minotaur becomes a minor side character. All because the author decided to have a human MC with a bunch of worthless loredumps.
Well, I assumed something similar when they made a cameo on the black haired kid a couple times... And there was no way he'd be going to be a match to it any time soon with how things were going.

Regardless, the story isn't particularly good now. It's just a monster getting stronger at ridiculous rates just because. It jumped from being able to beat a shitty adventurer, to beating an experienced team of much stronger adventurers, to somehow beating an adventurer who could go to ridiculous dungeon depths while using the fool's boots... It's pretty damn bad

Dex-chan lover
Well, I assumed something similar when they made a cameo on the black haired kid a couple times... And there was no way he'd be going to be a match to it any time soon with how things were going.

Regardless, the story isn't particularly good now. It's just a monster getting stronger at ridiculous rates just because. It jumped from being able to beat a shitty adventurer, to beating an experienced team of much stronger adventurers, to somehow beating an adventurer who could go to ridiculous dungeon depths while using the fool's boots... It's pretty damn bad
The story could have been amazing if the monster ever left the labyrinth and explored the world because it's implied he could. Also, the new main character won't be the black-haired kid, but it'll be his son.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Those must be editor's choice. The MC needs to have a dick after all, even if its pure boner like Nine's Own Goal.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's okay. Not my kinda manga. Kinda just introduce characters who would be the MC in any other manga just to kill them off. You can basically assume that anyone who gets even a little introduction is going to be fodder for the Minotaur.

Unique premise, but the same old 'Main Character is the most powerful' stuff without the MC having a personality.

Dex-chan lover
The manga is on hiatus so we will never see its fruition.

Any news if the web novel author is alive?

Dex-chan lover
The manga is on hiatus so we will never see its fruition.

Any news if the web novel author is alive?
I don't know. The novel ended with a cliffhanger.
The new MC (I forgot his name) fights against the minotaur and they end up both near death. Then the new MC passes out and wakes up and only finds a single horn of the minotaur that has been chopped off previously. He finds it weird that the minotaur didn't drop anything because when someone with storage dies, they drop everything they had, and the minotaur was loaded with stuff, so it's implied the minotaur is still out there, yet the novel ended there.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know. The novel ended with a cliffhanger.
The new MC (I forgot his name) fights against the minotaur and they end up both near death. Then the new MC passes out and wakes up and only finds a single horn of the minotaur that has been chopped off previously. He finds it weird that the minotaur didn't drop anything because when someone with storage dies, they drop everything they had, and the minotaur was loaded with stuff, so it's implied the minotaur is still out there, yet the novel ended there.
Ah the new ... that dirty black haired kid picking up dimes at the middle of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
While the common answer is because it published as such, the more detailed answer would be because it has become a digital media and not a paper media anymore. They loose the reason to churn out a chapter weekly or monthly at a specific time, with minimum page or word count, and in a consistent flow (i.e. if they can't put out a chapter for that week, they might loose popularity hence the production hell we all knew from anime).

So thanks to that, now publisher could put out the chapter when they can and in a short burst (i.e. in parts) to give the image of you reading it as it finished and didn't have to wait for a whole week to know whats next. The manga becoming a digital media just give the author and publisher freedom when and how they put out the chapter, including whether they do it in parts or not

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see that many works move to digital media. You know, having a paper to read retains to my mind easily. I still remember the code blocks from Bjarne's C++ guide MORE than ruby, java, RUST design patterns, all combined.

Users who are viewing this thread