Mezase Gouka Kyakusen!! ~Sen Shokan Skill De Isekai Rich Life Wo Te Ni Irero~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - The mysterious ray of light fired by the enemy…

Dex-chan lover
Page 13: MC even knows that Creator God is childish AF and probably set all the BS up for his own entertainment.

Dex-chan lover
He's not afraid of the war, he knows his ship can track literally everything.
Think you're wrong here. Mc is a coward. He even says as much multiple times.
He doesn't want to stand out. He'd rather neither side of the war even knows he exists. If he actively partakes, he'll have political figures bearing down on him for all kinds of reasons and he wants none of that BS.
That ship sailed long ago, and has been sitting in the harbor for all to see for multiple chapters. Even if he doesn't sail into town on the second, he will be world famous for owning such a massive ship. Hells, just owning a small magic ship is notable kingdom wide, and a cruiser that can cross the ocean to other continents made him even more so.

So while I can understand the mangaka is just committing to the bit, it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Dex-chan lover
That ship sailed long ago, and has been sitting in the harbor for all to see for multiple chapters.
That's why the ship belongs to the "great mage." Currently, only the 8 girls know his identity, and he's stated multiple times that if there comes any further possibility of him getting found out, he's pulling out of the situation immediately.

Dex-chan lover
That's why the ship belongs to the "great mage." Currently, only the 8 girls know his identity, and he's stated multiple times that if there comes any further possibility of him getting found out, he's pulling out of the situation immediately.
Would argue that anyone with half a brain would know his identity if they looked into his background. It wouldn't even be that hard. Not only has Watari been to court in relation to magic boats, but is directly connected to the downfall of a crooked merchant and the supporting Baron.

Soon there after he openly announced he that he would be moving into the Pepper trade and would be purchasing a new boat to travel back and forth between continents. He even shows up in Port with his new ship without a disguise to hide his identity.

But the direct connection is and always has been Girasole. He transported them too and from the southern island several times, took them on a vacation to the Holy Nation of Barletta on the new cabin cruiser. Even if he didn't participate in the parade, it would still be well known that he was the merchant adventurer that find and facilitate selling of the dragon scale to the merchants guild for a large sum of platinum. And now there is a mysterious hooded mage supporting their efforts to defend their nation...

So yeah, Watari has done an extremely poor job of hiding his identity and the only reason he hasn't been outed is because the author can force the point.

Group Leader
Agreed! The MCs ships are indestructible, and cannot be boarded unless he allows it. Says so right on the tin. So I have no clue why he would do more then just sail on by the war fleet and head into port to offload the relief supplies.
I think it's more along the lines of the ship cannot be sunk. Remember that all ships are 'unsinkable.' A laser is not a person or animal/monster so that 'cannot be boarded unless allowed' characteristic doesn't make sense in this case.
A laser is just focused light and there's nothing stopping sunlight from touching the ship. However, the laser's intent is to destroy/sink the ship. So the ship's 'unsinkability' comes into play.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's more along the lines of the ship cannot be sunk. Remember that all ships are 'unsinkable.' A laser is not a person or animal/monster so that 'cannot be boarded unless allowed' characteristic doesn't make sense in this case.
A laser is just focused light and there's nothing stopping sunlight from touching the ship. However, the laser's intent is to destroy/sink the ship. So the ship's 'unsinkability' comes into play.
The intent behind my comment is that he has nothing to worry about being sunk or boarded. Even if one of the enemy fleet tried to ram or block their ships path, the ship would just sail into port as of they were not there.

As for any attack made against the MC's ships, they are always intercepted well away from the hull. I doubt the source would even matter, only if the source was classified as an attack or could damage the ship.

Group Leader
The intent behind my comment is that he has nothing to worry about being sunk or boarded. Even if one of the enemy fleet tried to ram or block their ships path, the ship would just sail into port as of they were not there.

As for any attack made against the MC's ships, they are always intercepted well away from the hull. I doubt the source would even matter, only if the source was classified as an attack or could damage the ship.
I just wanted to point out the MC saying about the 'cannot be boarded unless allowed' rule was kind of strange, since you can't say a laser beam is trying to board the ship. Trying to board a ship means you want to get on or enter it, regardless of whether you want to destroy the ship or not. That was the reason for those magic tickets and the ability to cancel them out to eject stowaways.

If the MC said, "Oh don't worry! The ships are unsinkable, so trying to use a laser beam to destroy/sink it won't work!" Then It would have made more sense.

Just a minor detail.

Dex-chan lover
I just wanted to point out the MC saying about the 'cannot be boarded unless allowed' rule was kind of strange, since you can't say a laser beam is trying to board the ship. Trying to board a ship means you want to get on or enter it, regardless of whether you want to destroy the ship or not. That was the reason for those magic tickets and the ability to cancel them out to eject stowaways.

If the MC said, "Oh don't worry! The ships are unsinkable, so trying to use a laser beam to destroy/sink it won't work!" Then It would have made more sense.

Just a minor detail.
Except for the fact the MC was told by the world's God in chapter 3 that the ships Denial to Board skill acts as a shield that can even stop dragons breath. So while the ships are indestructible and unsinkable, it is the Denial to Board skill that stops attacks that are environmental, physical or magical.

Group Leader
Except for the fact the MC was told by the world's God in chapter 3 that the ships Denial to Board skill acts as a shield that can even stop dragons breath. So while the ships are indestructible and unsinkable, it is the Denial to Board skill that stops attacks that are environmental, physical or magical.
Like I said, it's a minor detail, due to the statement, "Denial to Board." I think of people and animals, not beams of light. Remember, this is a medieval word with no concept of what a 'laser' really is.

Dex-chan lover
Like I said, it's a minor detail, due to the statement, "Denial to Board." I think of people and animals, not beams of light. Remember, this is a medieval word with no concept of what a 'laser' really is.
O . o
You are aware that the MC is a reincarnator from Earth, and the creation God that told him how the skill works has access to that information as well, right? So it doesn't matter if the locals know how light works.

The Creator God himself said that it would stop any non-divine based attacks, even the breath attack of a dragon. So I don't see how this is confusing. Even the natives acknowledge the lazer is a skill based attack. So why would it matter if natural light can replicate the effect? It's a fucking skill based attack.

Even the nomenclature of the skill itself is irrelevant. Skills are notoriously obscure or obtuse with all manner of weird effects. The MC stated that the skill should block any attack, and the parties mage has verified it does so by casting spells at a boat, and watched all manner of magical beast attack the barrier with to no effect. So I ask again, for what reason would they have to doubt how his skill works?

Group Leader
O . o
You are aware that the MC is a reincarnator from Earth, and the creation God that told him how the skill works has access to that information as well, right? So it doesn't matter if the locals know how light works.

The Creator God himself said that it would stop any non-divine based attacks, even the breath attack of a dragon. So I don't see how this is confusing. Even the natives acknowledge the lazer is a skill based attack. So why would it matter if natural light can replicate the effect? It's a fucking skill based attack.

Even the nomenclature of the skill itself is irrelevant. Skills are notoriously obscure or obtuse with all manner of weird effects. The MC stated that the skill should block any attack, and the parties mage has verified it does so by casting spells at a boat, and watched all manner of magical beast attack the barrier with to no effect. So I ask again, for what reason would they have to doubt how his skill works?
Okay, then how about we think of it this way? As the MC found out way back in chapter 1, "Denial to Board" means that it puts up a barrier to stop monsters and people from gaining access or touching the ship without the captain's permission. This includes physical and energy attacks FROM monsters and people since that still counts as them trying to access or trying to 'board' the ship. Therefore, since the Laser Beam attack is coming from a person, he is DENIED in his attempt to board or access to the ship. It's explained more thoroughly in the light novel.

Again, a laser is just focused light, and we can clearly see the ships being touched by light. Same thing goes for wind, heat, and of course water. So what happens if the ship is hit by a massive lighting strike? Or how about being swamped by a tsunami or hit by a hurricane? Heck, we can even have an intense solar flare. Those are all natural events and not coming from a person/monster. This is where the unsinkability feature comes in.

Again, I said the medieval people are not familiar with the term 'laser beam.' I said nothing about the reincarnated people.

I simply pointed out that the term, 'denial to board' is taken quite loosely.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, then how about we think of it this way? As the MC found out way back in chapter 1, "Denial to Board" means that it puts up a barrier to stop monsters and people from gaining access or touching the ship without the captain's permission. This includes physical and energy attacks FROM monsters and people since that still counts as them trying to access or trying to 'board' the ship. Therefore, since the Laser Beam attack is coming from a person, he is DENIED in his attempt to board or access to the ship. It's explained more thoroughly in the light novel.

Again, a laser is just focused light, and we can clearly see the ships being touched by light. Same thing goes for wind, heat, and of course water. So what happens if the ship is hit by a massive lighting strike? Or how about being swamped by a tsunami or hit by a hurricane? Heck, we can even have an intense solar flare. Those are all natural events and not coming from a person/monster. This is where the unsinkability feature comes in.

Again, I said the medieval people are not familiar with the term 'laser beam.' I said nothing about the reincarnated people.

I simply pointed out that the term, 'denial to board' is taken quite loosely.
Honestly feels like a bad faith argument. Denial to Board blocks attacks, full stop. Albeit [Skills] from a person, or [Abilities] from beasts. As long as the origins are not the divine, the barrier will stop any [Attack]. Doesn't matter if it's a water mages tsunami [Spell], or the light from a the ability user's [Laser] skill. If it is classified by the setting's [System] as an attack, [Denial to Board] should activate and block the damage. Anything else is left upto the whims of the author and mangaka.

Group Leader
Honestly feels like a bad faith argument. Denial to Board blocks attacks, full stop. Albeit [Skills] from a person, or [Abilities] from beasts. As long as the origins are not the divine, the barrier will stop any [Attack]. Doesn't matter if it's a water mages tsunami [Spell], or the light from a the ability user's [Laser] skill. If it is classified by the setting's [System] as an attack, [Denial to Board] should activate and block the damage. Anything else is left upto the whims of the author and mangaka.
So what about natural events, like a lightning strike, hurricanes, or tsunami? They do happen and they aren't by the whims of anyone. You can't deny something with no intent. That's why the unsinkable feature comes into play.

Dex-chan lover
So what about natural events, like a lightning strike, hurricanes, or tsunami? They do happen and they aren't by the whims of anyone. You can't deny something with no intent. That's why the unsinkable feature comes into play.
Another bad faith argument

Irrelevant? They would only matter if the author decided to write one in, and then would handle it in whichever way they wanted to. It's a fantasy setting with magic, the author has the creative license to give the MC flying ships or even space capable vessels if that is their desire.

Group Leader
Another bad faith argument

Irrelevant? They would only matter if the author decided to write one in, and then would handle it in whichever way they wanted to. It's a fantasy setting with magic, the author has the creative license to give the MC flying ships or even space capable vessels if that is their desire.
Okay, so what if the MC pulls a Titanic and doesn't see the ice berg in the fog? There's no intent for something just floating there. Again, the unsinkability comes into play.

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
@white_tiger_ I've noticed a missing page in this chapter:
EDIT: This is now fixed
1723442471084.png1723442518890.png

Last edited:
If his laser beam can make even a scratch on the “indestructible ship“ then the god is stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread