Mikata ga Yowasugite Hojo Mahou ni Tesshiteita Kyuutei Mahoushi, Tsuihou Sarete Saikyou wo Mezashimasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - Boorish blades.

Dex-chan lover
Teams need to stop backing down simply because of K manga existing
they'll just force people to release scans elsewhere tbh if this is the case. also K manga is garbage, they license something and make it available only to NA, for the english which is a shit move. IMAGINE region locking stuff in 2023, so even if people wanna go legit they'll have to pirate anyway. congratulation K manga you played yourselves

Dex-chan lover
Boy about to get the ass-whuppin' he so richly deserves, the one he shoulda got when he was about 7 years old, and our mighty scribes gon' dip on us?!

Damn. That sucks.

Dex-chan lover
they'll just force people to release scans elsewhere tbh if this is the case. also K manga is garbage, they license something and make it available only to NA, for the english which is a shit move. IMAGINE region locking stuff in 2023, so even if people wanna go legit they'll have to pirate anyway. congratulation K manga you played yourselves
There is actually a big push to stop westerners from reading manga; some Nihon Publishers (dunno how many; at least 2, though) are against manga being exported to western markets at all, and actively work at it.

I've no earthly idea if K manga is part of that or not, as I only know American publishing, but I also wouldn't be surprised; providing a free online library caused Baen Books to skyrocket (e.g.), and using the internet to create or deny sales/readership is a strong move.

Dex-chan lover
There is actually a big push to stop westerners from reading manga; some Nihon Publishers (dunno how many; at least 2, though) are against manga being exported to western markets at all, and actively work at it.

I've no earthly idea if K manga is part of that or not, as I only know American publishing, but I also wouldn't be surprised; providing a free online library caused Baen Books to skyrocket (e.g.), and using the internet to create or deny sales/readership is a strong move.
i personally don't mind, some of the tl's are just bad, to the point the fan tls are so much better. i think the push is primarily because of monopolies and exclusivity contracts and then the US based publishers die out and the manga under them is forgotten, which has happened before that and some push to region lock which literally leaves the rest of the world hanging, which is dumb

I think K manga is under kondansha conglomorate which is a jp based company but idk this might just be their US based branch.. either
dod Baen books cover manga too? huh

Dex-chan lover
i personally don't mind, some of the tl's are just bad, to the point the fan tls are so much better. i think the push is primarily because of monopolies and exclusivity contracts and then the US based publishers die out and the manga under them is forgotten, which has happened before that and some push to region lock which literally leaves the rest of the world hanging, which is dumb

I think K manga is under kondansha conglomorate which is a jp based company but idk this might just be their US based branch.. either
dod Baen books cover manga too? huh
Ah, no; Baen didn't cover any manga; I was just giving an example of how the internet can be used to manipulate sales and access (the "e.g." was for "exempli gratia" which is a short way to say "for example").

As for the rest, I'm sure that absolutely plays a part!

Users who are viewing this thread