Mina Soko Nite - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Reiko

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so things are getting a little clearer. Chitose was born a normal human and turned into a mermaid, just like Haruna (except Haruna couldn't go all the way). That means the Houko aren't Chitose's fault. Some people in the town simply have a propensity to turn into mermaids, but some get stalled halfway. Grandma Reiko was okay with Chitose hanging out with Ichika because she too was Chitose's friend when she was young. She knows the mermaid isn't as dangerous as people think.

I think Ichika's sudden turn in chapter 1 is also not Chitose's fault entirely. It isn't the mermaid that's brainwashing people - it's drinking the lake's water. The lake water is probably also what's turning girls into mermaids.

Dex-chan lover
What was with that ominous last page? Does she eat people after all?

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so things are getting a little clearer. Chitose was born a normal human and turned into a mermaid, just like Haruna (except Haruna couldn't go all the way). That means the Houko aren't Chitose's fault. Some people in the town simply have a propensity to turn into mermaids, but some get stalled halfway. Grandma Reiko was okay with Chitose hanging out with Ichika because she too was Chitose's friend when she was young. She knows the mermaid isn't as dangerous as people think.

I think Ichika's sudden turn in chapter 1 is also not Chitose's fault entirely. It isn't the mermaid that's brainwashing people - it's drinking the lake's water. The lake water is probably also what's turning girls into mermaids.
Thank you for explaining. I was so lost

Dex-chan lover
From my interpretation, it's just that she never aged and can never have the companion she wants.
No I meant the final page of her eating something with crunching sounds.

The dark page

Dex-chan lover
No I meant the final page of her eating something with crunching sounds.

The dark page
Pretty sure it's preview for the next volume, so nothing could be infer yet. As sometimes the publisher would shove something controversial for preview, yet when the next volume comes it's not as shocking as it made out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread