Mitsuba-kun wa Aniyome-san to - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Spontaneous Outing

Dex-chan lover
I always find it funny how any time a manga series has the characters delve into a new hobby or experience, their biggest concern isn't finding a way to enjoy it, but making sure that they're doing it the "right" way and ensuring that they have everything that people would expect them to have in said hobby. All those "when you think of X you have to think of Y!" type lines and whatnot.

Always makes it feel less like they want to do the hobby for its own sake and more that they want to do it so they can show off how "normal" they are because they do all the things you're expected to do and own all the bits and pieces you're expected to own.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like the last generation Honda CRV before they transitioned to the 1.5 liter engine

Dex-chan lover
This feels like the brother's first appearance.
Hope the barbecue goes well. If his job asks him to work that day, he better say "no."

Dex-chan lover
I can't wait for Yuu to NOT show up to the BBQ for whatever reason. You know it's gonna go down :meguusmug:.

Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
I always find it funny how any time a manga series has the characters delve into a new hobby or experience, their biggest concern isn't finding a way to enjoy it, but making sure that they're doing it the "right" way and ensuring that they have everything that people would expect them to have in said hobby. All those "when you think of X you have to think of Y!" type lines and whatnot.

Always makes it feel less like they want to do the hobby for its own sake and more that they want to do it so they can show off how "normal" they are because they do all the things you're expected to do and own all the bits and pieces you're expected to own.
I mean you need to learn the correct way first before making your own way of enjoying it. It's like cooking. You need to know the "correct" way of cooking first before you can go crazy with the recipes.

Dex-chan lover
I mean you need to learn the correct way first before making your own way of enjoying it. It's like cooking. You need to know the "correct" way of cooking first before you can go crazy with the recipes.

I think I wasn't clear because when I say "right" way I don't mean the technically correct way, I mean that they're concerned with doing it the socially accepted way.

Like if we use your example of cooking, the concern wouldn't be about making a recipe properly and following those directions, it would be that instead of choosing to try and make a dish they like they would make the dish that's trendy and popular even if it's not their favorite.

That sort of "keeping up with the joneses" behavior is in a lot of things. We already saw it with Hinako being concerned about wanting to go to the restaurant she wanted to visit because she was afraid of how it would look against her image of being a proper adult woman.

Users who are viewing this thread