Mitsudomoe - Vol. 10 Ch. 173 - Training together

Somehow the English is worse than what I'd expect Google Translate to do.
You're using a Spanish translation as a base? I'll read that instead.

Dex-chan lover
That teacher and his student (black-haired sister) needs to get hooked up already.

Dex-chan lover
The father being skinny is cursed as hell. (Page 7)

Thanks for the translation(?) but it might be best to put your little translation page at the end instead of the middle of the chapter, it ruins the flow. (Page 6)

Yeah, this simply is a bad translation by a person who needs to improve their English; I say that as a non-native speaker myself. Beyond the poor grammar and weird Spanish-isms(?) of inverted question marks, the watermark is in poor taste and the TL note is the middle of the chapter is baffling.

Gag manga is probably the hardest to translate, with wordplay that's difficult to get across or cultural references not known outside Japan (take the Momotaru Dentetsu reference in the latest Watamote for example). I have no issue with translators struggling with these aspects, and I'd really like for someone to pick up Mitsudomoe again, but this is just not a well done job.

Contributor
This is bad, please stop, I'd rather not have translation's if this is the standard. Mitsudomoe deserves better.

Group Leader
Got it. Next month will be the next chapter in english. As by that moment, I will had the entire tenth volume finished and next new volume started.

Don't worry, I will keep using my same work as base to keep pace. As always, the best are the ones actually doing something, rather than not helping at all to the translation world.

Cra-cra-cra. My job is not done. But anyway, by now, it seems it is time to continue with some of the english to keep mitsudomoe at float to others.

Why are most people saying that the translation is bad it looks really good to me ,other than a few grammatical errors. Perhaps it was updated and I read a different version than what was released.

Users who are viewing this thread