Mochi wo Yaku Mochizukisan - Oneshot

Contributor
Man. A simple compliment to the girl he likes and he can't muster the guts to say it properly? Even though he blurts compliments well enough every time he sees those worn by other girls? I mean, he doesn't even look like your typical teenage protagonist who can't handle girls. They look like adults. And that's why I'm being harsh on him.

Honestly, he seems like the annoying type of male lead I wouldn't want to see in a serialization...

"I'm trying to get you to praise me."
At least Mochizuki has the guts to say what's on her mind. Maybe she's more of a man than he is...
The last panel is cute, I'll give it that.

Can someone explain?
The title Mochi wo Yaku Mochizuki-san is a play on words that sounds similar to the phrase Yakimochi wo Yaku which means "to be jealous" and the situation is that Mochizuki-san (the girl) is jealous of all the other girls her dummy of a boyfriend(?) is complimenting. Mochi wo Yaku literally means "to roast mochi", which ties into the next two pages about her wanting to roast some mochi (she is implying her jealousy, and why she said she was trying to get him to praise her).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread