Monster Eater

The setting is nice, an MC who can gain monster skills from eating them, might be inspired by similar titles like Re:M*nster or that Slime demon lord. BUT, the MC's weak to Strong journey are progressing uselessly very very fast and skips to many steps. The level and gained skill concept also lacks consistency, like it's just there for decoration, overall the manga just feel so random like there's no logic involved, and shallow. I thought this could be a good one, but after reading several chapters I deem it so-so at best.

Dex-chan lover
The female elf is such a welcome change. An actual skilled companion rather than a fawning follower. Other characters can be a real surprise as well. Some interactions in ch 19 shocked me for how far off trope/archetype they were.

Yes, you get a standard "cheat by copying skills" approach, but IMO try it up through ch 20 (easy read to get there), and make your decision then.

Dex-chan lover
It literally spoils the entire progression on chapter 1. I've rarely seen such a backwards approach to writing.

Users who are viewing this thread