Monster - Vol. 12 Ch. 96 - A Long Vacation

Fed-Kun's army
@xeredge hes actually a super good detective as how he mentioned that all his cases were solved, and then the czech guy mentioned that he gave lecture at interpol, also hes the only one who made it this far without having any link to tenma or his friends
it would be normal that he made the assumption that tenma had a split personality cuz lunge had no connection to anyone who knows about johan and all the deaths up until now revolves around tenma
another proof that hes a great detective is that one case when some guy faked the crime scene to be like the serial murder to get money for his company, he also figured that out without any lead and without knowing about johan and his assassin friends

@quoc48 He may be a great detective in some parts but he overlooks a lot of vital clues and people's testimonies about character. It was easy to tell that one of the cases was a copy-cat killing because of the messiness and mistakes in the crime. He's also overly stubborn about Tenma being a killer, he should look over all leads.

@favb That's kind of the thing though, he won't do that because he's ultimately alone and because he's alone he will struggle to find the truth.
Whereas tenma has the support of all the people he's met aiding him and bringing him to the truth slowly.
There's clearly a contrast between the two that's being drawn, because lunge rejects tenmas humanity and sees chasing him like a game he'll never be able to realize his deductions may be incorrect even while everyone around him tells him so.

Double-page supporter
Bruh, I have nothing to say more than my fellow readers here, go read waht they said. I think personnally that Lunge is going to understand the truth

I agree with the idea mentioned below that Lunge isn’t a bad detective per se, it’s just that his solitary nature/lack of teammates has slowed him down in this case. Whereas Tenma, whilst clearly not at the same level as Lunge, has had the support of others to help him.

I have been and am rooting for Lunge to figure it out and save the day, or decade in Tenma's case.

Dex-chan lover
This is why I adore Lunge. He may have his bias'. He has no particular sense of true justice. But he hunts and hunts and hunts. Of course he doesn't take a man at his word about some phantom ultimate monster.

But he can find the monster. He can find the facts. The outline. He is a solitary man, who works terribly with others, relates terribly to others. He is unkind. He is fixated.

But who else, without it being revealed in front of their eyes like it was for Tenma, without being witness to the monsters birth by proxy, could find him?

Users who are viewing this thread