More content tags

I've been noticing on this site, that there are only 4 content flags used, some of which I've found to be overly broad when used to label content within a manga.

Take the ecchi tag for example. Its used for everything from a partial pantyshot to full blown nudity. As a fan of the more risque ecchi, series that could be tagged as borderline-H on some sites (To love-ru, Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? for example) having to sort through mountains of "barely ecchi" series to find what I'm interested in can get to be very annoying.
I propose adding a borderline-H tag to the content flags, for those series that really go above and beyond in their fanservice, to differentiate them from the casual series that never truly deliver.

Another tag that I feel needs to be added, due to the rise in popularity of certain series (beastars, killing bites, etc) is a tag for series with anthropomorphic "furry" content. Some people enjoy these series, but others not so much. A way to filter them out of searches and see from the start that it has content that may be revolting to some users would be a nice feature to have.

Possibly add others as well, but those were the ones that came to mind for me.

Dex-chan lover
Ecchi is echi. Borderline ecchi, barely ecchi and other is just... like one water is more watery(?) than another water. Nonsense!

Well furry something makes sense but I don't think there's many relevant series, so... why bother?

Just my 2c.

Yes and no.

They can all be blanketed under the tag of ecchi, but I feel there is enough difference to necessitate separate tags.

There is a huge difference between series that have heavily sexualized content (To Love-ru, Why are you here Sensei, Rakujitsu no Pathos) and series which offer mild "service" at best, usually nothing more than slight teasing, partial underwear shots, or a good looking female character (Fairy Tail, Saki, Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!). Yet under the current system both groups share the same "ecchi" tag.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Gunny Borderline-H is deceptive to what our definition of H is and would be used as a way for people to try and dodge having a series tagged as H. If there's uncensored nudity and sexual content, it's 100% hentai by our definition. If there's censored nudity and sexual content, it's smut. If there's uncensored/censored nudity but no sexual content, it's ecchi.

@plykiya
If that's the case, why are there so many series with 0 nudity and nothing more than partial pantyshots or good looking characters tagged as ecchi.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Gunny Pantyshots, zoom ins on thighs, ripped clothing, exaggerated impossibly tight clothing. Those are also ecchi, all fanservice is. Being more or less naked doesn't change the fact that there's no sex. The distinctive factor between ecchi and smut is the presence of sexual content, and the difference between smut and straight up hentai is whether or not the focus is on the story or sex and whether it's censored or uncensored.

If you're interested in finding series with nudity, you can use MU to be more specific and look through their nudity tag page or their partial nudity tag page.

Dex-chan lover
I think I said this already but.. I want an "OP Protagonist" tag. 😂
Since I think it's actually a thing, and other people might be interested to look for it.

Users who are viewing this thread