Moscow 2160 - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Here we go again.

Page 3 (and further pages and chapters):
Sign above the road "СЛАВА МОС": looking at how it's plastered all over the place, it's most likely a propaganda slogan meaning "Glory to the MOS", "MOS" ("МОС") likely being some kind of acronym.

Page 8, 10:
Store sign "МАГАЗИН ИГРУШЕК": "TOY STORE".

Page 11:
@Venomspray--, last chapter i said that lieutenant chasti is not a name, but a military rank, and chasti is not actually related to "six", but this time i checked raws, and, well, turns i wasn't exactly correct (but not entirely wrong either).
Author used quoted kanji for "six" with furigana "shasti" (not "chasti" actually), which does sound closer to the word shest' (well, kana makes it difficult to spell out shest' in Japanese correctly). That means it's not a part of a rank, but rather a codename, i guess. You should definitely keep quotes - that will indicate that it's a codename, not a part of her (nick?)name (and, honestly, just《6》would be fine, i think, shasti sounds kinda weird).
Trivia time: Words shestaya (which i believe can be translated as "the sixth" - a feminine substantive noun) and shestyorka (which can be roughly translated as "the six" - noun, that means either a group of smth/smb of six, or smth/smb numbered sixth) could be used to refer to her. However, shestyorka has a negative connotation in Russian criminal world (and by extent, in Russian security forces), meaning a "lackey".

Page 13 (and further pages):
Sign on a traffic light post "СТОИ": should be either "СТОЙ" ("STOP", verb in imperative mood; "И" is missing a breve) or "СТОП" ("STOP", noun).

Page 15:
Magazine "ИЛЬЯ МУРОМЕЧ. КАПИТАН": ("И" is fine now, but still with "Ц" instead of "Ч") Ilya Muromets The Captain.

Page 19:
Text on camera feed "Фот-3207": "Фот" most likely means "Фото" ("Photo"). "Вид-" for "Видео" ("Video") would've mad more sense.
Sign in bottom panel "ТЕЛЕФ(ОН)" - "PHONE", duh.

Page 20:
Sign "...ИТЕ...": judjing by the shape above, probably "АМФИТЕАТР" - "AMPHITHEATER".

Page 21:
Sign below the huge propaganda poster "Тверская": seems to be an entrance to the metro station "Tverskaya". I'm not from Moscow, no idea if there is an entrance like that.

Page 26:
"Улла!!!": Is that supposed to be "Ура!!!" ("Hooray!!!")? Not a best choice for a "pump yourself up" exclamation. I'd probably went with just "Ha!" (not laughter, but a sharp exhale sort of "Ha!") myself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Baba Yaga in Japan:
CvIxB0r.png

Baba Yaga in US:
1time%20john%20wick%205%20announced%201200.jpg

Baba Yaga in Russia:
dfn0m1wh58m61.png

Dex-chan lover
NO! NOT THE ANTIQUE PPSh! ANYTHING BUT MARRING THE PAPASHA!

Users who are viewing this thread