Mother's Contract Marriage - Vol. 1 Ch. 27

Double-page supporter
More seriously, it seems to me like our boy Atil basically gave up and died in the original timeline, either before the Emperor could get to him or in the aftermath of this attempt. He's basically convincing himself to live in the internal monologue spanning the two chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
We just avoided like the equivalent of like half a stories' worth of drama with a single question and answer.
It's funny how a character clearly communicating and defusing a situation like this has a 'breath of fresh air' feeling;
Or maybe it's just me having read way too many shoujo/josei stories and my brain is scarred from that :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter update! your guys' translations and work are honestly the best!
Also, finally just slapping any chance of misunderstandings in communications is a breath of fresh air.

Dex-chan lover
Why did he respond with "I'm not sure" when the answer was "no"? She absolutely should have yelled at him for being a vague idiot, but that response goes from being vague to just outright being purposely misleading - and why would he even do that? Was it really socially awkward stupidity?

Dex-chan lover
Her confronting the emperor over her mother made this story one of my favorites in the genre. Her doing this made this story one of my favorites period.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Users who are viewing this thread