Mou Ippon! - Vol. 7 Ch. 57 - Bery Bery

Dex-chan lover
Yesssssssss
Someone picked it up ! You have my gratitude here a poem for you

Thou hast mine gratitude, good man so true,
For deeds of kindness thou hast shown to me,
In sooth, thy virtues are both rare and due,
A knightly heart doth beat within thee free.

Thine aid, a beacon in the darkest night,
Hath guided me from shadows deep and dire,
With gentle hand, thou brought'st me to the light,
And kindled in mine heart a noble fire.

Forsooth, I owe thee more than words can tell,
A debt of honor, bound in friendship's name,
As long as stars in heaven's vault do dwell,
My heart shall hold thy mem'ry free from shame.

So take my thanks, good man, with joy and pride,
For in thy grace, my soul doth now abide.

Dex-chan lover
I have two questions. Are you going to pick this up further and is the manga already over?

Dex-chan lover
Ok so happy to see someone picked up this great series. I really hope that it gets the finish it deserves here

YES SOME ONE PICKED THIS UP!!!!!! THANKS YOU SO MUCH
Yesssssssss
Ok so happy to see someone picked up this great series. I really hope that it gets the finish it deserves here

The glory goes to Soli & Zero, they worked really hard on the translation, and no translation means no scanlation.

Also, a massive, special thanks to Rickroy, who somehow translated and redrew Mou Ippon by themself in Spanish for Lust no Fansub, for allowing me to use their redraws. Please check out Lust's works if you're able.
I have two questions. Are you going to pick this up further and is the manga already over?

I hope we're able to do it all like Rickroy did, but we shall see. Just enjoy the ride.

Group Leader
I haven't read the chapter yet but after so long seeing this comic come back filled me with joy and I want to join the thanks to the team providing this translation.
One of the best sports manga I've read so far.

Dex-chan lover
The manga ended a few months ago.

Ranting/tangeting a bit but personally, I feel like the ending is a little flat simply because the author from the beginning wanted the series to run 30 volumes but by the time the climactic match finishes, there's only a few chapters left and the Kinshuuki isn't actually over which means that the stuff that I felt would have been an even better way to end the tournament because of its thematic, full circle importance gets virtually skipped.

If he hadn't adhered so rigidly to it and allowed himself another volume (to properly finish the tournament and allow an extended multi-chapter epilogue/finale) the ending might have hit a bit better. But it's kind of minor because in the grand scheme of manga endings it's still way better than a lot of others, the overall quality of the series never drops, and the final Kinshuuki and especially the final match are still really good.

I do hope the translation keeps going because there's a lot of really, really good stuff. The last first year tournament (the National Championship qualifiers) and the second year Kinshuuki are some of the best parts of the entire series.

Dex-chan lover
The manga ended a few months ago.

Ranting/tangeting a bit but personally, I feel like the ending is a little flat simply because the author from the beginning wanted the series to run 30 volumes but by the time the climactic match finishes, there's only a few chapters left and the Kinshuuki isn't actually over which means that the stuff that I felt would have been an even better way to end the tournament because of its thematic, full circle importance gets virtually skipped.

If he hadn't adhered so rigidly to it and allowed himself another volume (to properly finish the tournament and allow an extended multi-chapter epilogue/finale) the ending might have hit a bit better. But it's kind of minor because in the grand scheme of manga endings it's still way better than a lot of others, the overall quality of the series never drops, and the final Kinshuuki and especially the final match are still really good.

I do hope the translation keeps going because there's a lot of really, really good stuff. The last first year tournament (the National Championship qualifiers) and the second year Kinshuuki are some of the best parts of the entire series.
I have nothing against it. I was just curious how it would end, since all female sports mangas that aren't waifu bait or a barrel of fan service are quite rare.

Contributor
Me when I wake up and get a notification for a series which last updated two years ago and I try to remember when I followed the series

Thanks for the translation, glad you revived it

Dex-chan lover
I have nothing against it. I was just curious how it would end, since all female sports mangas that aren't waifu bait or a barrel of fan service are quite rare.
There's definitely some fan service (the next chapter is the beach chapter) but it's not done in an egregious way meant to call attention to it if that makes sense.

The author is just really good at drawing female characters and coming up with nice, memorable designs. The number of notable characters in the series is well into the dozens and there's a spread way later that has virtually every major and minor character who's ever appeared in the series (and it's well over 100 characters) and all of them are unique and recognizable.

Dex-chan lover
There's definitely some fan service (the next chapter is the beach chapter) but it's not done in an egregious way meant to call attention to it if that makes sense.

The author is just really good at drawing female characters and coming up with nice, memorable designs. The number of notable characters in the series is well into the dozens and there's a spread way later that has virtually every major and minor character who's ever appeared in the series (and it's well over 100 characters) and all of them are unique and recognizable.
The beach episode is banality, not fan service :D. I'm talking about either moe CGDCT or mangas where the dose of ecchi is barely distinguishable from doujinshi. To be honest, I almost cried when I read an interview with the author, where he wrote how he intentionally refused everything that could distract the characters from sports and the power of friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread