Mujina into the Deep - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.4

Dex-chan lover
PYA5BIb.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Love the world-building on this chapter: the classic TV panel discussion representing different viewpoints, the doodles signalling dens, the encroachment of the state on individual freedoms through digitization and surveillance, the existence of a ranking system for assassins (No More Heroes anyone?) and a black market for identities; I just love seeing this dystopian world fleshed out. Asano has already explored similar thought-experiment scenarios about rights-holders and rights-less people in some of his one-shots and I'm hoping to see what he can do with the theme on a broader canvas.

Dude can't stop wearing the real-world influences on his sleeve though: Yasuo is clearly modeled on Noda Yojiro from RADWIMPS, what with the sensitive lyrics and his success as a composer of movie themes, and the Megiddo's blackballing tactics on the entertainment industry recall the late Johnny Kitagawa of Johnny's, whose pedo exploits were recently the subject of a BBC documentary.

Kudos to the team for all their work in bringing this to a wider audience. Thanks!

Fed-Kun's army
Hated the exposition here, there was not a lot of character interaction. Though the relation between Ubume and Juno makes me wonder if neither of them remembers Ubume didn't give a fuck about Juno when she was about to be raped

Contributor
I wonder if Ubume will take the offer? At face value, it seems like a good proposition getting an assassin to get rid of previously untouchable, heinous people in high places, but we also only have Mimi's word for it. If her story about this power couple is true, then Ubume's decision could serve as a test of where her alignment lies.
Hated the exposition here, there was not a lot of character interaction. Though the relation between Ubume and Juno makes me wonder if neither of them remembers Ubume didn't give a fuck about Juno when she was about to be raped
That sequence of events seemed extra weird to me. Ubume seemingly fought on the side of the would-be rapist Yasuo, but it's her that Juno stuck to like an elder sister; Ubume then escaped the building together with both Juno AND her would-be rapist, and once they left the building the attempted rape seemed like it got completely swept under the rug and memory holed as if it never happened.

Dex-chan lover
That sequence of events seemed extra weird to me. Ubume seemingly fought on the side of the would-be rapist Yasuo, but it's her that Juno stuck to like an elder sister; Ubume then escaped the building together with both Juno AND her would-be rapist, and once they left the building the attempted rape seemed like it got completely swept under the rug and memory holed as if it never happened.
Yeah, this bothered me, too. I get that we're dealing with amoral underworld (overworld?) characters in an "edgy" dystopian setting, but I'm enough of a moralist/idealist that letting a wealthy human trafficker & child rapist off scot-free sticks in my craw. At least flense his glans or something...

I dunno, maybe he'll come in handy against the Megiddos?

Last edited:
how is it fucking weird, she fucking wanted to get money no matter what? and that stupid assassin stopped her,

Yeah, this bothered me, too. I get that we're dealing with amoral underworld (overworld?) characters in an "edgy" dystopian setting, but I'm enough of a moralist/idealist that letting a wealthy human trafficker & child rapist off scot-free sticks in my craw. At least flense his glans or something...

I dunno, maybe he'll come in handy against the Megiddos?
how is it amoral? there is literally no fucking difference between a 15 and 16 year old and you call him a pedo? the age of consent in most of the usa is literally like 16, thats like 1 year diference, plus the girl was doing this to hire people to kill all her family and classmates.

I wonder if Ubume will take the offer? At face value, it seems like a good proposition getting an assassin to get rid of previously untouchable, heinous people in high places, but we also only have Mimi's word for it. If her story about this power couple is true, then Ubume's decision could serve as a test of where her alignment lies.

moralfags like you don't even give a shit about children,
just like the girl who broke in didn't give a shit that she almost slashed and killed the so called kid she tried to protect, in fact she wasn't even here to that she took a job and thats all lmao, if the opposite was true and the roles were reversed it would have made no difference.

Love the world-building on this chapter: the classic TV panel discussion representing different viewpoints, the doodles signalling dens, the encroachment of the state on individual freedoms through digitization and surveillance, the existence of a ranking system for assassins (No More Heroes anyone?) and a black market for identities; I just love seeing this dystopian world fleshed out. Asano has already explored similar thought-experiment scenarios about rights-holders and rights-less people in some of his one-shots and I'm hoping to see what he can do with the theme on a broader canvas.

Dude can't stop wearing the real-world influences on his sleeve though: Yasuo is clearly modeled on Noda Yojiro from RADWIMPS, what with the sensitive lyrics and his success as a composer of movie themes, and the Megiddo's blackballing tactics on the entertainment industry recall the late Johnny Kitagawa of Johnny's, whose pedo exploits were recently the subject of a BBC documentary.

Kudos to the team for all their work in bringing this to a wider audience. Thanks!
people in the west and japan hate sci fi so its never getting popular at least not as much as urban fantasy or fantasy

Users who are viewing this thread