Multiverse no Watashi, Koishite Ii desu ka? - Ch. 1 - Two of Myself

Different than the one-shot but I like it either ways, just hoping the MC will find a way to save both of them in the end

Dex-chan lover
Now that i have read this, it is much more confusing from the one shot version. I want to see how it gonna be explain but for first impression it's too confusing

Dex-chan lover
This was better as the oneshot. The two versions of her finding out about one another would've been fun and even aside from that it was a fairly sweet story only slightly tainted by the bitterness of the short-haired version recognizing that she was giving up the version of her boyfriend that she saved so that he could go be with another girl that wasn't her even if it technically was.

But this "I have to choose between a world where she dies and one where she disappears" is stupid, heavy, pointless BS that is now going to weigh on basically every attempt that the story might make to try and be fun and comedic. Because anything that happens from now on is backed by this seeming prophecy that things are going to turn out crappy no matter what and you're just waiting for him to choose which version of crappy he goes with (unless the "disappears" option is a massive cop-out like just the alternate universe version one disappears because she returns home or "Sui Miyamoto" disappears because they get married and she adopts his surname or something like that. But that would be a dumb cheat of a way to wriggle out of this.

I'll probably stick with this for a bit but it's got its work cut out for it to keep my attention.

Double-page supporter
Hm. I admit, I liked the implications of the oneshot better. Where AU Miyato was still stuck in "this" world, and the hijinks that would result from having two Miyato around, and having to help the AU one make a living in a world where "she" doesn't exist.

But then again the description of the oneshot did talk about a single decision changing the entire world and a "multiversal love story". So perhaps serialization means the author can better explore their intended plot.

Dex-chan lover
Hm. I admit, I liked the implications of the oneshot better. Where AU Miyato was still stuck in "this" world, and the hijinks that would result from having two Miyato around, and having to help the AU one make a living in a world where "she" doesn't exist.

But then again the description of the oneshot did talk about a single decision changing the entire world and a "multiversal love story". So perhaps serialization means the author can better explore their intended plot.
Serializations always change things around a bit to make a story that can go on for longer. It's kind of difficult to compare one-shots and serializations that way. Sort of like a popular radio hit is different from a progrock album.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, I thought the Oneshot was good enough, able to lead to some funny romcom manga. I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO HAVE ACTUAL DRAMA NOW WTF

Dex-chan lover
im-ready-lets-go-wqz8y1w6k31wt3t0.gif

Dex-chan lover
I am pretty sure that the alt universe short hair version one is lying about being his GF, and that she is just saying that as wishful thinking after losing her world's MC.

She would not travel to another world to save him if her world's MC was ok.

Even though it was good, I preferred how the oneshot executed it compared to this chapter. Compared to the oneshot, it feels a bit weird for her to save Jogo and then say "I'm your girlfriend" later on when she just met this Jogo. Still excited to see when Miyato meets her alt self.
The thing is, the one shot is supposed to cover a lot more grounds. It’s why it was a bit more emotional and could connect with us more. Since this is the serialization version, that will end up being dragged on a bit. Although I like this new premise, I did enjoy the one shot a bit more but it’s too early to really say.

Users who are viewing this thread