Murdist: Shikeishuu Kazami Tazuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Murdist

Dex-chan lover
decent ending. good art. i wonder how much of the identity swapping was planned from the get-go.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not the best with words, nor am I a critic of storytelling, and I sure as shit do not have good taste in manga, anime or fictional writing in general. But I write this comment to just help my autistic brain process wtf I just read because holy shit was there alot going on.

Ok, HOLY MOTHER OF MINDFUCK. The entire story was just... fuck. I mean, it's a thriller, so of course it would be suspenseful and twisted, but even then... this thing was unpredictable. Not in a good way, nor in a bad one. Kind of like a moe-fied Silence of the Lambs with less emphasis on the cannibalism.

Then ch12 rolls around and everything starts unraveling at the seems. I had a gut feeling that Yuuki Koto was "Kazami" all along, not to mention the possibility of her and the real Kazami being a couple. But the shock revelation that Otohito really made me flinch in surprise. Sure, the whole "Asagao get's stabbed" ruse should probably have given it away, but seriously, only in a small, 16 chapter manga could I have found such a psychogically earth-shattering twist with that kind of impact. The MC whose eyes we as the readers are perceiving the story through was the real serial killer we were investigating in the first place!

Kazami's character as a whole is interesting, as is the standard when it comes to these "interviewing/interrogating the infamous killer" tropes, but still felt a little... shallow. Sure, not all killers need a Freudian excuse, but having a body count nearing 100 and having little/no reason behind it other than what basically amounts to curiosity at its most extreme feels a little generic. But then again, we never really got to "know" the real Kazami, as she was yet another copycat who was with her for a few years as an SO.

All in all, compared to what I usually read, this was a good palete cleanser.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know I read this cause "oh it has a yabdere" and now that I think about it throughout every twist there was still a yandere isn't that kinda crazy

Users who are viewing this thread