Musume Janakute, Mama ga Suki Nano!? - Vol. 6 Ch. 26.4

Dex-chan lover
387176295_277184368612027_1994775405659883747_n.jpg
The only way to top that is to have MILF Tomboy.

Fed-Kun's army
Well without much spoilers volume 5 you have ayako being thirsty af and fantasizing alot, and volume 6 them going at it like rabbits, manga probably won't have problems adding all those spicy scenes, the daydream and the real ones lmao
Lmao thanks man

Dex-chan lover
I mean the premise of the "Long Distance Relationship" in Japan of all places was pretty silly at best. I know Japan likes to pretend they are just like some of the bigger countries in the world but the total size including it's major islands is still only about the size of California. Any "distance" could be covered by a 1-2 hour train ride and if you limited it to just the weekends (or every other if you want to be real conservative) it wouldn't be too cost prohibitive either. Not to mention as Taku mentioned it's only 3 months, hardly a death knell for a relationship though it does suck it would have happened right as they finally started officially dating.

I don't know, I just find it adorable that Japan tries to use these types of scenarios to create drama when they still live on their tiny little island nation and it just really shows a lack of perspective. Some authors usually fix this by having the LIs randomly decide to study abroad (as if that was just a totally normal thing) but it still shows up pretty frequently where all they do is move prefectures and they act like they'll never see them again. Like bitch, you have a nation wide public transit system that has really good infrastructure. You aren't far from ANYTHING in Japan at any given moment let alone someone you want to bone.
i agree with all of this except for the studying abroad thing. the japanese people really love to study abroad especially if you will be a tradesman like a chef. i could be wrong but from what ive seen they really like to travel and studying abroad is part of that

Dex-chan lover
I only accept 11 children. Not less, more is acceptable. Now get fucking

Dex-chan lover
Any "distance" could be covered by a 1-2 hour train ride and if you limited it to just the weekends (or every other if you want to be real conservative) it wouldn't be too cost prohibitive either.
100 one-way shinkansen tickets on the Osaka-Tokyo corridor is like 1.3M yen in a country where the median salary is like 5.6M yen. Like a quarter of salary going straight to weekend transit.
Double the ticket price estimate if they're going from Kyushu or Hokkaido to Tokyo, take the same price and add a few more hours of low-speed transit if they're somewhere in Shikoku, take his pay to be somewhere around half median if he's a uni student and outside of Tokyo, and suddenly weekend trips are his entire pay packet.

I know Japan likes to pretend they are just like some of the bigger countries in the world but the total size including it's major islands is still only about the size of California. [...] I don't know, I just find it adorable that Japan tries to use these types of scenarios to create drama when they still live on their tiny little island nation and it just really shows a lack of perspective.
Well, taking interstate flights in the US or international flights within the EU can be faster and cheaper than some intra-Japan land routes, even before factoring in the higher expected salaries. Maybe it's thematically accepted in their stories because it fits the average japanese perspective on travel, even if it bothers some tourists who are frankly swimming in disposable cash compared to many locals.

Dex-chan lover
100 one-way shinkansen tickets on the Osaka-Tokyo corridor is like 1.3M yen in a country where the median salary is like 5.6M yen. Like a quarter of salary going straight to weekend transit.
Double the ticket price estimate if they're going from Kyushu or Hokkaido to Tokyo, take the same price and add a few more hours of low-speed transit if they're somewhere in Shikoku, take his pay to be somewhere around half median if he's a uni student and outside of Tokyo, and suddenly weekend trips are his entire pay packet.

Well, taking interstate flights in the US or international flights within the EU can be faster and cheaper than some intra-Japan land routes, even before factoring in the higher expected salaries. Maybe it's thematically accepted in their stories because it fits the average japanese perspective on travel, even if it bothers some tourists who are frankly swimming in disposable cash compared to many locals.
Bruh thats a 100 one way tickets . Ain't no way he's going back and forth that much on one way tickets in 3 months. That would mean he went more than everyday to go see her by train, and numbers get even less realistic if we assume that he goes to visit her on the weekend. A more realistic number is not even 20 trips and that's still him visiting her more often than every weekend. That's not even including he could just stay at her place for a day or two cutting down cost.

Dex-chan lover
I mean the premise of the "Long Distance Relationship" in Japan of all places was pretty silly at best. I know Japan likes to pretend they are just like some of the bigger countries in the world but the total size including it's major islands is still only about the size of California. Any "distance" could be covered by a 1-2 hour train ride and if you limited it to just the weekends (or every other if you want to be real conservative) it wouldn't be too cost prohibitive either. Not to mention as Taku mentioned it's only 3 months, hardly a death knell for a relationship though it does suck it would have happened right as they finally started officially dating.

I don't know, I just find it adorable that Japan tries to use these types of scenarios to create drama when they still live on their tiny little island nation and it just really shows a lack of perspective. Some authors usually fix this by having the LIs randomly decide to study abroad (as if that was just a totally normal thing) but it still shows up pretty frequently where all they do is move prefectures and they act like they'll never see them again. Like bitch, you have a nation wide public transit system that has really good infrastructure. You aren't far from ANYTHING in Japan at any given moment let alone someone you want to bone.
The problem is not the area of Japan but the length. The country is very long and thin. From the northern most city in Hokkaido to the southern most city in Okinawa it's a bout 2500km or 1550 miles and 3400km or 2100 miles to drive. That quite far apart. But 2h isnt that far. It's not something you would do after finishing work but you could definitely see each other every weekend.

Dex-chan lover
Ain't no way he's going back and forth that much on one way tickets in 3 months.
And he's not earning a yearly salary in 3 months either. Unless your point is that it's totally cool for 100% of his pre-tax income to go to weekend round trip bullet train visits if it's only for 3 months?

Users who are viewing this thread