my account keeps following new series i dont remember following

Contributor
i thought i was just being forgetful and clicked follow to a series with placeholder pages but then i found myself getting updated for this manga (https://mangadex.org/title/62360964...ou-jieitai-tokumu-chouhou-kikan-beppan-no-inu) which i have minus interest in from the summary alone so i was wondering if it's a bug? it seems to have started a week ago
Either you are drunk\high Mangadex-ing or you are sharing your account (intentionally or unintentionally) with someone.

Dex-chan lover
Either you are drunk\high Mangadex-ing or you are sharing your account (intentionally or unintentionally) with someone.
see i was wondering about the account thing! and it's like... i only use my laptop and my phone to access mangadex, which i never lend to anyone else, i also don't share my password, so that's weird! this is also a weird thing to do with a hacked account!

also in general i dont really consume alcohol and the likes so ;;

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Contributor
see i was wondering about the account thing! and it's like... i only use my laptop and my phone to access mangadex, which i never lend to anyone else, i also don't share my password, so that's weird! this is also a weird thing to do with a hacked account!

also in general i dont really consume alcohol and the likes so ;;
The most likely scenario is that you added the title to your library before it had a proper description and chapters added and then completely forgot about it until someone added a chapter to it. During that time between you adding it and the chapter being uploaded, covers and descriptions were updated and now you see that its something you would not read.

This kind of scenario has happened to me on several occasions when I go through me "Plan to read".

EDIT:
I looked it up and the title page for series in the opening post was created in February of 2022 and it got its first chapter about 6 hours ago as of this post.

Dex-chan lover
The most likely scenario is that you added the title to your library before it had a proper description and chapters added and then completely forgot about it until someone added a chapter to it. During that time between you adding it and the chapter being uploaded, covers and descriptions were updated and now you see that its something you would not read.

This kind of scenario has happened to me on several occasions when I go through me "Plan to read".

EDIT:
I looked it up and the title page for series in the opening post was created in February of 2022 and it got its first chapter about 6 hours ago as of this post.
i also thought about that because i DID do that with several titles (like my first post literally mentioned the placeholder page thing) but the title i linked in my first post is something i don't have any interest in and an author i don't recognize which is why i get so confused

Users who are viewing this thread