My Brother's Husband - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - Meatball Nabe

Dex-chan lover
I really love how the fakeout panels show the father's thought process-before, they were his internalized homophobia, but now? They're just showing his emotional response before he considers how or if he wants to say something.

It's also been fascinating to see the way homophobia is in Japan. Discrimination is more quiet, murmurs and socially acceptable stuff-it's about respectability, avoiding Problems that may arise from you being different.

Group Leader
The lessons here apply to all of us. If you hear someone bring discriminated against, even if they aren't present, stand up and say something.

Bullies and bigots tend to not be so tough if you call them out on their bullshit to their face. No one likes confrontation.

Double-page supporter
Isn't warm soup on a warm day a Thing? Or am I thinking about ice cream in the winter. "It'll make the cold weather feel warmer" (and vice versa). (Also probably is just a manga trope.)

thanks for the chapter(s)! @prussianbluehedgehog
and no worries about not redrawing backgrounds, i actually, personally, enjoy this way of translating too, letting me see the original exclamation design :)

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the TL - came here via your Eizouken, always thrilled to pick up a series I might otherwise never have come across.

Users who are viewing this thread