My Favorite Idol Officially Became My Stalker! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Why do they keep adding unnecessary yuri in non-yuri romcoms? This shit is becoming annoying

Dex-chan lover
@Markipopo What makes it a non yuri romcom? Was there a disclaimer in the 1st chapter stating "there will never be yuri in this manga?"

@Graywing Don't act like a retard, you know what I meant. It's becoming repetitive to add yuri elements (not even bait) in romcoms because the author is either too scared to introduce male characters other than mc or thinks that nips enjoy this shit. If I wanted to read yuri there is a genre for that and I quite enjoy it

Yeah, the whole Yuri thing is okay at first, but later on it's obvious that the writers are scared to add male characters because the conflicts that it will have with the MC and the heroines, kinda like a cheap way to avoid actual character complicities. It's getting pretty stale as of lately
Like @Markipopo said. That if I want to watch Yuri, there's a whole section of it that I can enjoy without it being an annoyance in most romcoms

Dex-chan lover
@Markipopo @Tyelron Wow. Posted some cringe there. Yuri doesn't invalidate a romcom. Fun fact: gay people exist. Also, no one knows the author's intentions as to why they introduce a certain character. Also don't know why you feel that introducing a lesbian character somehow makes an author incapable of writing male characters. They're not mutually exclusive. If anything hate that some authors use gay characters in a demonizing way, not because they added them.

Fed-Kun's army
@Graywing don't see what they posted as cringe since in romcoms of this type of genre where it's geared towards straight relationships. The fact that previous romcom series yuri characters tend to bring the series down as a whole because they're generally viewed as unnecessary or pandering and their personalities tend to be toxic af with the whole man hater nonsense. They pretty much have a point. Saying ''gay people exist'' or ''Was there a disclaimer in the 1st chapter stating "there will never be yuri in this manga'''' is more cringe imo cuz that's ignoring the criticism in the first place. And like both have said there's a full genre dedicated to yuri. No need to add it here.

Another thing to point out yuri lovers hate it when straight relationships are in their yuri story or interfere with their gay couple. I don't see how it's fair for the reverse not be applicable

Dex-chan lover
@3ds1234 How does introducing lgbt characters bring down a series? Once again, we have no clue into the author's mind, so to say that it's pandering is your own personal opinion. Also please don't try to generalize all "yuri lovers". They're are plenty of them who love to have representation in media. What you sound like is when people getting upset when an author added a person of color and the response would be "there are plenty of stories with poc's why add them here, sounds like pandering"(Marvel and DC fanbase). As for why I said "gays exist" is because people like you who say they don't belong in a "straight" manga series. It was never even mentioned that there would be any gay relationships. Only a gay character. You really need to read what you wrote, because it really sounds toxic. Putting a gay or staright character shouldn't change what the author is going for. If it does then maybe you should question the author.

Fed-Kun's army
@Graywing You say I'm generalizing but you sound like you're generalizing with your example. I've already said why yuri characters in general tend to bring down a series in a genre like this because they tend to be written the same as male haters and toxic obsessive people with the person they love. If you wanna ignore that point go ahead.

You say we have no clue what's going on in the author's mind but ignoring the fact that there are previous works of many different authors that write yuri characters the same. Rarely do I find one written ''well'' but if you wanna chalk that to personal opinion and experience go ahead. You say don't try to generalize yuri lovers so to you I would ask you wouldn't mind straight characters or relationships in a yuri story? Is then a legitimate question. Who said that there can't be hetero couples or people in yuri stories? Just cuz the genre would have you believe that doesn't mean it can't have those couples. And from my experience yuri lovers don't come to read yuri for straight couples or people, but again if you wanna chalk it up to personal experience go ahead.

On the comics book thing I feel you honestly don't understand why people call it pandering. If people really hated other races being the main character of comics stories then Mile Morales and into the spiderverse would not have done nearly as well and there would not be resounding praise for it.

But if you wanna call me toxic go ahead you don't really sound any better with your blind defense and refusal to understand other people's perspective.

Dex-chan lover
@3ds1234 Spiderverse done well because it attracted a lot of non comicbook readers. This has been mentioned on many sites such as comicbook vine and the verge. If you want to actually look into it then check the backlash against the Thor mantle being passed on to a woman(been reading comics for almost 30 years nobody gave a shit when others took over the mantle like Beta ray Bill), the new Ms. Marvel and Sam becoming the new Captain America and yes Miles Morales received hate when he joined the main universe(602) after the ultimate universe was dissolved. There was plenty of racist hate comments and vitriol. Unless you were living under a rock there is no way you didn't hear of it. Plenty of people said it would kill the comic industry and yet Marvel saw a boom in sales after the changes. Also to answer your strawman question, I wouldn't mind straight couples in yuri manga. I said there was nothing wrong with lgbt characters in straight mediums. You said couples. Seems like you're going to stand by your preference so at this point it's agree to disagree.

Fed-Kun's army
@Graywing Don't really see how it's a straw man I just asked a simple question by turning your question on you. And you might be fine with it but from the many comments I've seen on straight characters or relationships in yuri stories say otherwise

Fine if we agree to disagree that's fine. I'll give this character a chance but I'm not holding my breath. They all tend to be written the same in this genre if the many romcoms I've read say something.

Fed-Kun's army
Mc had my exact reaction. I was like:

Stop using pages for your flashback. I don't care about it. She didn't listen

HAHAHAHAHHAA LOL Great chapter really love it. Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can’t wait for the next update.

Double-page supporter
Meh chapter, is this monthly release?
Anyways, lacks on the comedy dept, may be better if were dark humor similar to the first episode.

Users who are viewing this thread