My Hero Academia - Ch. 422 - Izuku Midoriya Rising

Dex-chan lover
Looks like this might finally be the end of AfO, but place your bets. I'd say his story was easily the most drawn out in this final arc, to the point where it became very tiring seeing him. Not quite as bad as what's going on in Jujutsu Kaisen though with it's baddie and final arc.

Dex-chan lover
If the manga ends with this as the climactic finale + some epilogue stuff, I'll be satisfied and forgive how drawn out everything was.

If it gets extended beyond this though, I riot.

Dex-chan lover
If the manga ends with this as the climactic finale + some epilogue stuff, I'll be satisfied and forgive how drawn out everything was.

If it gets extended beyond this though, I riot.
Honestly as much as I want this arc to end, I'm not looking forward to MHA ending. I do like the series, and feel like it's gotten too big to end.

I guess it could just go the way of Boruto, where the creator has moved on, and passed the series on to someone else. There's also how the Dragon Ball series was handled, where even when DBZ ended they still continued making games, movies, etc. until eventually Toriyama started working on it again. MHA could go that route I guess.

If we do get a continuation of this series, I think it should take place at least ten years later when everyone are adult pro heroes, and while I don't mind some ships coming to fruition, not sure how I'd feel if this series went full Naruto/Boruto with damn near everyone getting married and having kids (it could happen behind the scenes tho), with that next generation being the stars of the series. If anything I think it would be better to have a new MC and cast of characters, with the OG characters being background/supporting characters. Another thing that could make a continuation feel more fresh and unique is if it was based in a country outside of Japan, exploring hero society elsewhere.

Double-page supporter
Honestly as much as I want this arc to end, I'm not looking forward to MHA ending. I do like the series, and feel like it's gotten too big to end.
I could be wrong, but Horikoshi always said he wanted to end My Hero Academia, so I don't doubt that when there is an ending, it will be THE ending.

Apparently THIS is THE ENDING.

There won't be much point in a continuation of MHA with the state it was in after the battle of All For One. Every possible ending would be utopian or dystopian in this case (the ending designed now is utopian, given that it is Midorya's effort to save Tenko and with this frees him from AfO's soul. Once completed, the main battle ends and all the villains will be demotivated by the end of AfO and the Paranormal Front.

The most plausible is that Midorya is the "new symbol of peace", inheriting All Might's desire to always build a symbol capable of unifying the population and comforting when necessary.

Dex-chan lover

I guess it could just go the way of Boruto, where the creator has moved on, and passed the series on to someone else. There's also how the Dragon Ball series was handled, where even when DBZ ended they still continued making games, movies, etc. until eventually Toriyama started working on it again. MHA could go that route I guess.

If we do get a continuation of this series, I think it should take place at least ten years later when everyone are adult pro heroes, and while I don't mind some ships coming to fruition, not sure how I'd feel if this series went full Naruto/Boruto with damn near everyone getting married and having kids (it could happen behind the scenes tho), with that next generation being the stars of the series. If anything I think it would be better to have a new MC and cast of characters, with the OG characters being background/supporting characters. Another thing that could make a continuation feel more fresh and unique is if it was based in a country outside of Japan, exploring hero society elsewhere.
Nah fuck that noise, a series needs to know when to end and not just simply have its corpse dragged off into the infinite void forever more. This one in particular managed to wear away my patience 30+ chapters ago.

There is nothing I like more about a series than a good ending that was neither far too protracted nor too rushed, and that then gives us a proper epilogue for around 4 to 10 chapters / the last episode or two or something of the entire series with a proper payoff to any ongoing relationships and backstories etc that make everything up to that point feel worth it.

Above all else I want my endings to be final, not just freely revivable for more runtime when they want to sell more toys and stuff.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nah fuck that noise, a series needs to know when to end and not just simply have its corpse dragged off into the infinite void forever more. This one in particular managed to wear away my patience 30+ chapters ago.

There is nothing I like more about a series than a good ending that was neither far too protracted nor too rushed, and that then gives us a proper epilogue for around 4 to 10 chapters / the last episode or two or something of the entire series with a proper payoff to any ongoing relationships and backstories etc that make everything up to that point feel worth it.

Above all else I want my endings to be final, not just freely revivable for more runtime when they want to sell more toys and stuff.
Which is why I mentioned that if they do continue the series it should be with a different MC and a different cast of characters, possibly in a different country altogether. That way folks like you can be satisfied that the main story is over, while others could look forward to new stories set in the same world.

Just my two cents, not like I'm in any position to decide what actually happens next.

Dex-chan lover
Which is why I mentioned that if they do continue the series it should be with a different MC and a different cast of characters, possibly in a different country altogether. That way folks like you can be satisfied that the main story is over, while others could look forward to new stories set in the same world.

Just my two cents, not like I'm in any position to decide what actually happens next.
I point you to the last line of my previous post. I don't want continued adventures in the same world with a different MC, I want the series end to be FINAL, absolutely no continuations in any way shape or form, true death and not to be resurrected in any shape or form.

Fuck Boruto with a rake.

Dex-chan lover
I point you to the last line of my previous post. I don't want continued adventures in the same world with a different MC, I want the series end to be FINAL, absolutely no continuations in any way shape or form, true death and not to be resurrected in any shape or form.

Fuck Boruto with a rake.
Toxic much? You also sound like the type that wants to see a large body count, and feel like a series is shit unless a dozen or two characters die by the end.

Dex-chan lover
Toxic much? You also sound like the type that wants to see a large body count, and feel like a series is shit unless a dozen or two characters die by the end.
Pathetic strawman much? Let things simply end, we don't need season 500 of whatever series or change the names slightly and pretend it's something new entirely, The Simpsons way of doing things is a shitty model that ends up denying people the chance to really experience anything new and instead we get an endless train of slop as we're told endlessly to 'consoom product'.

Double-page supporter
damn, Deku can even make the AMERICANS get off their lazy asses and at least try doing the right thing? that's some poignient contemporary commentary if i've ever seen one

Dex-chan lover
I guess it could just go the way of Boruto, where the creator has moved on, and passed the series on to someone else.
Hell no. So many franchises I loved got milked to the point beyond where they should've ended and lost all their previous charm.
I will also miss it but believe me, a half baked continuation with Dekus Son being annoyed by his dad won't make you happy.

Dex-chan lover
Hell no. So many franchises I loved got milked to the point beyond where they should've ended and lost all their previous charm.
I will also miss it but believe me, a half baked continuation with Dekus Son being annoyed by his dad won't make you happy.
Jokes on you, I'm never happy.

Dex-chan lover
Goddammit, all this Ganbare scenes always make me emotional, especially in the climax like this

Users who are viewing this thread