My love for my roommate is one-sided - Vol. 1 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
lol i'm surprised she didn't just like pinch her cheek and be like "oops i moved around in my sleep"
, tho seems like a pain to share a bed other than no choice if you move around/talk lol
The only reason Hana possibly puts up with this shit is that she's into it, right?

The "straight men are trash so i dated a woman" is a bit of a cliche trope but i'm sure there have been similar relationship dynamics, if this had a 'psych' tag i can imagine there's darker versions of this story where she would've purposefully sabotaged her relationships with other men just so she could 'comfort' her later lol

Fed-Kun's army
lol i'm surprised she didn't just like pinch her cheek and be like "oops i moved around in my sleep"
, tho seems like a pain to share a bed other than no choice if you move around/talk lol

The "straight men are trash so i dated a woman" is a bit of a cliche trope but i'm sure there have been similar relationship dynamics, if this had a 'psych' tag i can imagine there's darker versions of this story where she would've purposefully sabotaged her relationships with other men just so she could 'comfort' her later lol
"straight men are trash so i dated a woman" is a pretty stupid trope, but in this case its not a straight woman suddenly deciding to be gay because guys suck. It's a bi woman slowly realizing she has feelings for her gay best friend and isn't entirely straight herself.

Dex-chan lover
Ah ok, so Kanata never actually brought her exes into the house with Hana still there.

At the very least, this chap confirms Hana did not have to literally sit in the next room, covering her ears to not hear Kanata and her exes bang the walls with the bed.

Dex-chan lover
"straight men are trash so i dated a woman" is a pretty stupid trope, but in this case its not a straight woman suddenly deciding to be gay because guys suck. It's a bi woman slowly realizing she has feelings for her gay best friend and isn't entirely straight herself.
at least it's not like that old series where it's like "i literally break out into rash if a man touches me" or so lol. but that said the love interest does pick 'bad' guys, idk if she's subconsciously doing it or her 'burikko' act just draws 'playboys' to her or so lol

tho it'd be hilarious if a girl 'worse' than her shows up and makes MC act annoyed/treat her like a lil sis or so , so it makes her try to be more serious or so
Ah ok, so Kanata never actually brought her exes into the house with Hana still there.

At the very least, this chap confirms Hana did not have to literally sit in the next room, covering her ears to not hear Kanata and her exes bang the walls with the bed.
i mean even in a 'normal' roommate situation, bringing home a booty call without like some kinda notice isn't great etiquette (tho i imagine most ppl would just have love hotels/inviting over to a guy's house is prolly more common than a woman letting a man over for a one night stand) lol , or them being half drunk and propositioning her for a 3 way XD;

Dex-chan lover
People are so harsh towards both of them lol.

If you don't like how their relationship is/if you think they're toxic for each other, y'all know you can just, stop reading instead of hate-commenting right? The first few comments were a bit funny, but it's just repetitive at this point.

@Gramine thanks for the chapter, and thanks for continuing to update this regularly even though people keep trash talking the characters in literally every single chapter.

Dex-chan lover

If you don't like how their relationship is/if you think they're toxic for each other, y'all know you can just, stop reading instead of hate-commenting right? The first few comments were a bit funny, but it's just repetitive at this point.

@Gramine thanks for the chapter, and thanks for continuing to update this regularly even though people keep trash talking the characters in literally every single chapter.
i think it's fine since it's comedy (not that the behavior is acceptable irl but it is a fictional story so the mangaka can go wild if they want), but this is pretty 'tame' compared to the toxic yuri trend of other stories there's been lol

tho other than some sudden progression i wouldn't be surprised if 20 more chapters of some back and forth of this dynamic

Would be a hilarious turn if it's like "oh now that i might consider a relationship with her, i'm gonna 'date' 4-5 other girls as 'practice'" XD

Double-page supporter

Unfortunately, people love to hate so they keep going if they dont like it just to scrutinize any of their actions irl or in any fictional work

Dex-chan lover
i think it's fine since it's comedy (not that the behavior is acceptable irl but it is a fictional story so the mangaka can go wild if they want)
to be fair, while it's not good, it's like it's so toxic either.

I've been in both Hana's and Kanata's position before and frankly it's horrible situation to be stuck in with no clear/"good" way out.

What do you people expect, for Kanata to say "hey Hana I know you love me but I don't love you at all but hey can we still be friends"? That's just gonna hurt both Hana's feelings and her pride.

There's literally no "good" way for Kanata to approach this that won't affect their relationship, the best way to resolve things is for Hana to actually confess and let Kanata decide what she wants.

, but this is pretty 'tame' compared to the toxic yuri trend of other stories there's been lol
and yeah, definitely. People keep calling her toxic but Kanata so far has just been acting like a best friend in the straight-girl-style. They went on friend-dates, shopping, went to cafe, etc. All of those are activities friends can do together.

And she never actively baited Hana into thinking she wants to go out with her either, hell, she's super vocal about wanting to have a good boyfriend.

people just love calling anything they dislike as "toxic" without thinking.

@kyliee090 get a life buddy. Spamming reactions because you dislike my opinion makes you look like a child.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Sometimes I ask myself "would I lead someone I know has feelings for me on for my own self-satisfaction and comfort instead of addressing it and letting them figure it out even if its awkward or might affect our friendship" and usually the answer I come up with and what I have done is "no, I would not want to knowingly lead someone on regardless of whether I think of them as a backup or a self-confidence boost because I'm so toxic my relationships don't last". People that say there's no clear or good way out are literally one of those people. If you can't handle the temporary discomfort of addressing reality like a proper adult then it is no wonder whatsoever that you end up in toxic relationships. You are emotionally incapable of empathizing with the person you are actively making suffer (because what, are you also deluding yourself into thinking that the other party doesn't get hurt whenever they hear all about you banging some whoever because they don't know you're aware of their feelings?). It is an extra one of those people move to knowingly talk about it to maintain a sense of normalcy because, again, you are incapable of addressing people's feelings and reality.

@zokoi19 you literally went in the previous discussion thread reacting with the dumb reaction to every single post in the thread, who's the one that needs to get a life here. Please keep your delusions to yourself.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Sometimes I ask myself "would I lead someone I know has feelings for me on for my own self-satisfaction and comfort instead of addressing it and letting them figure it out even if its awkward or might affect our friendship" and usually the answer I come up with and what I have done is "no, I would not want to knowingly lead someone on regardless of whether I think of them as a backup or a self-confidence boost because I'm so toxic my relationships don't last". People that say there's no clear or good way out are literally one of those people. If you can't handle the temporary discomfort of addressing reality like a proper adult then it is no wonder whatsoever that you end up in toxic relationships. You are emotionally incapable of empathizing with the person you are actively making suffer (because what, are you also deluding yourself into thinking that the other party doesn't get hurt whenever they hear all about you banging some whoever because they don't know you're aware of their feelings?). It is an extra one of those people move to knowingly talk about it to maintain a sense of normalcy because, again, you are incapable of addressing people's feelings and reality.
I'm curious to hear how you would handle this situation, given that you seem to have a good understanding of how to be empathetic towards someone with feelings for someone

Fed-Kun's army
I'm curious to hear how you would handle this situation, given that you seem to have a good understanding of how to be empathetic towards someone with feelings for someone
You address it like an adult? This person is going to find out eventually that you knew they had feelings for you and lied to them all about it all along and then put your behavior while knowing in contrast with your actions. What the fuck? Even if they don't, you're just going to lie to them about it for as long as you can? Hello? It is a kindness to not lead others on. To let them know that you are aware of their feelings and can't (currently or permanently) reciprocate. From then on it's their own problem how to deal with their relationship with you. But at least they are aware of the situation. They don't have to be uncertain about a future that may or may not come to pass. They can expend their energy elsewhere looking for someone that will actually reciprocate if they so choose, or do whatever they deem more healthy in regards to their feelings towards you. Whether it is getting over it and returning to the friendship, or not getting over it and continuing the pursue, or what have you. Not letting them have all the cards in their hands to let them choose what to do with it is the unempathetic part. Can't believe people will have this fucking discussion about someone forcibly hiding their feelings then go to countless other manga and be like they should just confess and get rejected so they can move on. Where's the logic? Clearly nowhere, because you're putting all the agency on someone while also withholding information that, while it may hurt them, is beneficial for them in the long run.

Dex-chan lover
@zokoi19 you literally went in the previous discussion thread reacting with the dumb reaction to every single post in the thread, who's the one that needs to get a life here. Please keep your delusions to yourself.
I reacted because I disagree with all of those comments.

You however, went through my comment history and literally reacted to every comments I have made so far in many series, none of which are related to this series. That's stalker-behavior dude.

Anw, you seem delusional and self-centered, I hope you get some help.

Double-page supporter
You address it like an adult? This person is going to find out eventually that you knew they had feelings for you and lied to them all about it all along and then put your behavior while knowing in contrast with your actions. What the fuck? Even if they don't, you're just going to lie to them about it for as long as you can? Hello? It is a kindness to not lead others on. To let them know that you are aware of their feelings and can't (currently or permanently) reciprocate. From then on it's their own problem how to deal with their relationship with you. But at least they are aware of the situation. They don't have to be uncertain about a future that may or may not come to pass. They can expend their energy elsewhere looking for someone that will actually reciprocate if they so choose, or do whatever they deem more healthy in regards to their feelings towards you. Whether it is getting over it and returning to the friendship, or not getting over it and continuing the pursue, or what have you. Not letting them have all the cards in their hands to let them choose what to do with it is the unempathetic part. Can't believe people will have this fucking discussion about someone forcibly hiding their feelings then go to countless other manga and be like they should just confess and get rejected so they can move on. Where's the logic? Clearly nowhere, because you're putting all the agency on someone while also withholding information that, while it may hurt them, is beneficial for them in the long run.
I agree that it's important for people to be honest and not lead someone on if you are aware of their feelings as to avoid confusion and pain in the long run.

However, its also important to acknowledge just how complex and difficult it is to navigate this situation, and because of this sometimes people delay it out of fear or something else entirely.

Its not always deception but rather to actually find the right time, moment and have this tough conversation.

All in all yeah communication is important, but its also important to understand the emotional complexity that involves both parties.

Double-page supporter
I feel as though I have to point it out but the point of having a discussion is to talk from your perspective on things, not be antagonistic to everyone that doesnt agree or see your point of the arguement

Fed-Kun's army
I reacted because I disagree with all of those comments.

You however, went through my comment history and literally reacted to every comments I have made so far in many series, none of which are related to this series. That's stalker-behavior dude.

Anw, you seem delusional and self-centered, I hope you get some help.
I just wanted to see what kind of opinions a person that goes through a whole thread reacting might hold and ended up reading some comments on manga I've actually read and disagreed with as well? Nothing different from you mate. Maybe you're the one that needs to check yourself, seeing as how you keep up with this behavior all throughout the series? Again, you're the one that's a bit delusional and stuck on everything revolving around you?

Going back to actual discourse @BennedictBread, my main concern and complaint about Kanata is that this behavior and her rationale has been already established in chapter 10. Regardless of how complex the situation is she's just selfish with her reasoning, despite whatever developments we're having now. She's known for a while and her actions reflect no sort of emotional reaction that doesn't benefit her. No attitude or behavior shift that indicates she cares about Hana and how her actions might affect her.

Dex-chan lover
subplot suggestion: a third person moves in with them and rthe next 185 chapters focus on passive aggressive comments made over breakfast.

Its very important that the third person has green hair so the reader remains Engaged

Users who are viewing this thread