My Roommate Isn't From This World - Ch. 3 - The promised land beyond drunkenness.

Group Leader
Though I'm still enjoying the manga, I swear the humor was a lot more risque (funnier) in the web comic, it's been a while since I read it of course, but I can't shake the feeling that something's missing from the serialization that was in the original series.
It's probably the translator's fault

Dex-chan lover
Just saying I truly do appreciate the credit page memery (Big Smoke from GTA definitely made me chuckle)

cgr

Dex-chan lover
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"They will get drunk and pass out"
I was wondering what everyone is worried about, since he was always a bit of a lovable pervert, but they really sort of butchered his character here, haven't they? Now he's just a pervert.

He was always trying to get with her, but he wasn't pulling creepo schemes like this. Is this flandersiation? Editorial interference? The creator misunderstanding the charm of their own characters? Part of the charm was his creepyness was often just misunderstanding, or bad luck (being caught in private moments, or earnest attempts to woo someone that come off as cringe) - now it's legit and it's not as fun.

They can redeem this by putting him in the same situation, but this time having the guy still standing, and not acting upon his urges.

Dex-chan lover
Wow in the serialization make the MC more hardcore in the rap... the japanese tradition of flirt without legal consequences, BTW thanks ghost-chan, bro 0 days they meet, without know her, make him her drunk, bro thats nasty but the normal in Japan (in the world with muslism territories and in India is also common but the rest of the world just the psychopaths, rapist and j erks do that)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Certainly an entry into the speedrun to unlikable protagonist any% category, but I'm sure there's a few out there who managed to establish that on chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
What a piece of shit. But nah, Japan is all like, hahaha, boys will be boys, you know how they are, they can't help but try to get chicks drunk on false pretenses and try to rape them. It's funny! Look how funny it was when he got too drunk to carry out the rape. What a silly goose. Ghost girl should find a more decent guy to haunt.

MD@Home
Is it too late to reroll the protagonist? I kind of want to see the esper and the ghost girls to be the protagonist duo instead of this rapey creep :notlikethis:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wtf... He never tried to date rape her in the original. Why is he this much of a scumbag here?? In the original he was an incorrigible horny jackass, but not criminal scum! Why did the author and/or editor think this was a good idea??

Dex-chan lover
This man a whole ass predator. NGL I liked the unserialised version as well simply because his ass is so unbelievably horny it literally repels ghosts.

Dex-chan lover
What a piece of shit. But nah, Japan is all like, hahaha, boys will be boys, you know how they are, they can't help but try to get chicks drunk on false pretenses and try to rape them. It's funny! Look how funny it was when he got too drunk to carry out the rape. What a silly goose. Ghost girl should find a more decent guy to haunt.
Sorry but... No.
Even the average shit char it's not like that.

Dex-chan lover
Ok... Aaaaaaand, dropped.
Congrats for the mangaka, I think this is the first manga that I dropped so hard that I needed to comment it.

Users who are viewing this thread