My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago - Ch. 249

Dex-chan lover
Huh, why it went from happy wibes to dissing people's work out of nowhere (which is so out of character for her) and then complete panic like everything's falling apart, completely out of fkin nowhere
Honestly so weird

Dex-chan lover
Huh, why it went from happy wibes to dissing people's work out of nowhere (which is so out of character for her) and then complete panic like everything's falling apart, completely out of fkin nowhere
Honestly so weird
Yeah fr, it's really out of character for her to just insult his work like that. I understand teasing like in previous chapters but this is just weird

Supporter
Do China do not have a law that gain citizenship via marriage? that would be the easiest move than to prove that she's orphan
I don't know if they have that but I do know that they have a very restrictive system for identities. So won't surprise me that even if they did have this as a option it wouldn't help as much as you'd think.

For example your home provice/city is linked to where you can go to school and other social services, and it's very hard to change your home city/province having to go through the two different local province and city governments. So much so that there's many workers who often have to work away from their kids and have their parents take care of them back home even if they have enough money to move to a better city cause if they did the kids wouldn't be a able to go to school in the new city.

Do China do not have a law that gain citizenship via marriage? that would be the easiest move than to prove that she's orphan
she has zero documents proving who she is . you need those to get married. legally she doesn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else kinda surprised they're letting the cops and bureaucracy be the bad guys? I'm alittle worried they won't let her go.

Dex-chan lover
There are thousands of unlisted children in every part of the country. Why is it so hard to list another one?
The long version
Historical context: China is in the middle of a gigantic push for poverty alleviation and modernization, that began back in the 70's when Deng Xioping took over after Mao. Previous to the communist victory in the civil war China was extremely underdeveloped after a century of colonial rule. This is important to understand the country's starting point as a poor preindustrial agricultural society.

From the 70s the first goal was to develop industrial capability, so they opened the country to foreign development and Capital. China started building manufacturing capability and infrastructure. Unlike the West, the use of capital was more heavily regulated by the Communist Party to prevent the oligarchy that ruled Western countries. By the 90s they started using that wealth to develop the lives of private citizens. China set a goal to lift hundreds of millions of its rural citizens out of poverty and incorporate them into modern society. They built cities, high-speed rail, and nationalized essential industries like food, housing, banking, and healthcare.

Since the 90's, they started to register citizens, and internet technology allowed them to build their social safety network. It happened well before our fictional Jiang-he time warped. By the early 2020's China had succeeded in lifting some 800 million citizens out of extreme poverty, conducted a huge national census of the 1.4 billion citizens, and got almost everybody registered and moved into newly constructed cities. They were so successful it's weird to find anyone who fell through the cracks, without any evidence that they existed.

TLDR; by 2020 China has registered so many rural citizens that it's weird to find someone like Jiang He. There should be some evidence she existed before her time warp.
Honestly so weird
It's part of her learning modern behavior from him. He teased her quite a bit, now she's teasing in return. But she's still a little weird about it, so it comes off strong.

That's how he ended up "smelling the glove," aka reaping what she sowed 🤣

Dex-chan lover
dAXbY2W.png

she's certainly learning a lot from him

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Chinese bureaucracy is brutal. “It’s not our fault you’re an undocumented orphan. The system is flawless :)

Dex-chan lover
The long version
Historical context: China is in the middle of a gigantic push for poverty alleviation and modernization, that began back in the 70's when Deng Xioping took over after Mao. Previous to the communist victory in the civil war China was extremely underdeveloped after a century of colonial rule. This is important to understand the country's starting point as a poor preindustrial agricultural society.

From the 70s the first goal was to develop industrial capability, so they opened the country to foreign development and Capital. China started building manufacturing capability and infrastructure. Unlike the West, the use of capital was more heavily regulated by the Communist Party to prevent the oligarchy that ruled Western countries. By the 90s they started using that wealth to develop the lives of private citizens. China set a goal to lift hundreds of millions of its rural citizens out of poverty and incorporate them into modern society. They built cities, high-speed rail, and nationalized essential industries like food, housing, banking, and healthcare.

Since the 90's, they started to register citizens, and internet technology allowed them to build their social safety network. It happened well before our fictional Jiang-he time warped. By the early 2020's China had succeeded in lifting some 800 million citizens out of extreme poverty, conducted a huge national census of the 1.4 billion citizens, and got almost everybody registered and moved into newly constructed cities. They were so successful it's weird to find anyone who fell through the cracks, without any evidence that they existed.

TLDR; by 2020 China has registered so many rural citizens that it's weird to find someone like Jiang He. There should be some evidence she existed before her time warp.

It's part of her learning modern behavior from him. He teased her quite a bit, now she's teasing in return. But she's still a little weird about it, so it comes off strong.

That's how he ended up "smelling the glove," aka reaping what she sowed 🤣
Ahhhhhh I get it! So the program citizen listing is already completed for so long! Damn I thought it was still on progress, given how big China is... I really need to update my knowledge about world issues. Thanks for the info, it really helps!

Group Leader
Yeah fr, it's really out of character for her to just insult his work like that. I understand teasing like in previous chapters but this is just weird
I think it's normal given her character actually. The more modern she became, the bigger her ego temporarily got when she learnt something new :pacman: This time it's learning to earn money through trading, she's probably making far more than he is through his videos, for now.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Chinese bureaucracy is brutal. “It’s not our fault you’re an undocumented orphan. The system is flawless :)
You'd have the same difficulty being issued a social security card in the USA. "Prove you didn't materialize from thin air, you terrorist Putin-puppet freeloading illegal!"

Users who are viewing this thread