Natsume Arata no Kekkon - Vol. 5 Ch. 45 - Childish Plan

Dex-chan lover
This better be going some where good cause I'm confused AF.
It feels like ErgoProxy all over again. Question after Question, slowly leading to the answer.
I hope it ends with a parlor room scene. Those are great in mysteries.

wonder how unhinged the live action is, esp if they recreate/focus on the teeth then too/add in fake teeth for the actress XD

weird to have a potential imposter swap out but i wouldn't expect like a secret twin/hidden sibling or so lol
live action?

Dex-chan lover
This better be going some where good cause I'm confused AF.
It feels like ErgoProxy all over again. Question after Question, slowly leading to the answer.
I hope it ends with a parlor room scene. Those are great in mysteries.

live action?

Yuina Kuroshima seems pretty attractive in comparison but that's just more of actors being well presented/not always type casted into 'ugly weirdo/psycho murderers' (idk how common it is for a female actress to be typecasted into the 'ugly' archetype versus like an overweight role but as long as the acting is good it's better than them doing a bad wig/cosplay lol)

Dex-chan lover

Yuina Kuroshima seems pretty attractive in comparison but that's just more of actors being well presented/not always type casted into 'ugly weirdo/psycho murderers' (idk how common it is for a female actress to be typecasted into the 'ugly' archetype versus like an overweight role but as long as the acting is good it's better than them doing a bad wig/cosplay lol)
No Way!🤩
As long as the actors represent the characters well I don't mind. I just hope it stands the hype. thanks for sharing!

Dex-chan lover
No Way!🤩
As long as the actors represent the characters well I don't mind. I just hope it stands the hype. thanks for sharing!
yeah other than the 'clown' part i don't think they'd need like prosthetic makeup to 'ugly-fy' her versus just making her 'plain' lol tho ppl do 'fall in love' with her (tho that tends to be a trend among actual serial killers, if not for the 'clown killer' aspect [tho i guess john wayne gacy and others dressed up/had disguises], i can totally imagine it being like another documentary like 'based on a true story' haha)

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it’d be pretty easy to at least get the death penalty off the table given her mental state.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it’d be pretty easy to at least get the death penalty off the table given her mental state.
i mean, japan is a bit behind on mental health still, they'd prolly look down on a criminal trying to use it as an excuse

tho if yakuza can be released from jail i guess it's not impossible to nullify a death sentence versus 'for life'

Double-page supporter
I was wondering, is trying to craft a conclusive theory possible at this point? We get so many twists that I now assume everything is potentially false. I wonder how this manga feels on a reread. Maybe I will read the raws.

i mean, japan is a bit behind on mental health still, they'd prolly look down on a criminal trying to use it as an excuse

tho if yakuza can be released from jail i guess it's not impossible to nullify a death sentence versus 'for life'
The problem is finding where to draw the line.

"the defendant did this because of a mental illness, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because of upbringing, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because of genetics, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because he was under the effect of certain substances, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because the exposure to certain things made certain genes express in a certain manner resulting in a certain development of mechanism that influence behavior, like hormone production and response, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because [circumstances], therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."

And then we finally have:
"the defendant did this according to a logical procedure that makes sense to us, therefore it is his fault since it was the result of free will."

For everything you can find a justification if you dig deep enough, maybe even go into quantum mechanics to explain why matter organized in such way that from our point of view is a crime. So what matters is the interpretation of the justification, some are seemingly more valid than others, so no matter the approach here, there is no answer that would be universally accepted by everyone.

I think the current Japanese legal system point of view is that evil (as they define it) is evil no matter what. So someone who commits an evil action must be punished no matter the reasons for committing such action, hence why they might not accept mental illnesses arguments.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering, is trying to craft a conclusive theory possible at this point? We get so many twists that I now assume everything is potentially false. I wonder how this manga feels on a reread. Maybe I will read the raws.

The problem is finding where to draw the line.

"the defendant did this because of a mental illness, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because of upbringing, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because of genetics, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because he was under the effect of certain substances, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because the exposure to certain things made certain genes express in a certain manner resulting in a certain development of mechanism that influence behavior, like hormone production and response, therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."
"the defendant did this because [circumstances], therefore it is not really his fault since it was not the result of free will."

And then we finally have:
"the defendant did this according to a logical procedure that makes sense to us, therefore it is his fault since it was the result of free will."

For everything you can find a justification if you dig deep enough, maybe even go into quantum mechanics to explain why matter organized in such way that from our point of view is a crime. So what matters is the interpretation of the justification, some are seemingly more valid than others, so no matter the approach here, there is no answer that would be universally accepted by everyone.

I think the current Japanese legal system point of view is that evil (as they define it) is evil no matter what. So someone who commits an evil action must be punished no matter the reasons for committing such action, hence why they might not accept mental illnesses arguments.

maybe a court would 'let it slide' if she only killed one person, but she had enough kills under her belt to be labeled as a 'serial killer' and someone mentally unwell wouldn't be able to do that much meticulous planning versus going on a 'stabbing spree' in the middle of some crowded place

but i wouldn't be surprised if it's like 'they ended up living as a couple for a decade, and even had a kid, and then the kid also started killing...' Something-something 'endless cycle lol

Double-page supporter
maybe a court would 'let it slide' if she only killed one person, but she had enough kills under her belt to be labeled as a 'serial killer' and someone mentally unwell wouldn't be able to do that much meticulous planning versus going on a 'stabbing spree' in the middle of some crowded place

but i wouldn't be surprised if it's like 'they ended up living as a couple for a decade, and even had a kid, and then the kid also started killing...' Something-something 'endless cycle lol
Even if she killed only one person, she is posing as a complete psycho, making hard for the judge to not lay down a heavy sentence if proved that she indeed killed someone, since she could do it again, as the reasons for the killing are unclear and badly justified. If she killed someone else after being let go, even more considering that this case became very famous, it would be terrible for the judge image, and since it is Japan, saving face is a must, so no matter the reason, she would not escape the death row or prison for life.

Since she admitted the crime before the judge, I imagine the only way out is for her lawyer to pull a trump card proving that she did not kill that man, arguing that she is crazy and her words cannot be taken as truth. I still cannot see when she is lying or not, pretending to be crazy and mentally unstable or actually being like that, scheming or failing to get the result she expected. So when she breaks down, is that due to a real trauma or just acting? I like that the judge is getting a good characterization here, it is truly a very difficult case, if the judge was a simpleton this would not be as interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread