Need To Double tap to turn page.

Hello since a couple of days most manga require me to double tap to turn page. Previously I only needed to tap once. I have already logged out, tried clearing both cache and cookies yet it hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:
୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Hello, can you share some samples where this issue occurs?
I've tried with some titles myself and couldn't reproduce the issue, if you could also share more info about your system (iOS/Android version, browser version, etc) it would be really helpful.

Hello, can you share some samples where this issue occurs?
I've tried with some titles myself and couldn't reproduce the issue, if you could also share more info about your system (iOS/Android version, browser version, etc) it would be really helpful.
I tried doing a screen record but how do you get them to show where you have tapped? I couldn't do that so its just a browsing video which is pointless. Anyways I tried it with Ore no Genjitsu wa Ren’ai Game?? ka to Omottara Inochigake no Game datta chapter 68.2 (https://mangadex.org/chapter/f6257411-369a-4b28-b807-c9c8b98705c8/17) and it happened for 24 out of 26 pages. It happens when I get to bottom right and tap to turn to next page. If I tap it while the page is away from the borders towards the right side then it works (I read it zoomed in). It happened on both my phones 1 is running Android 13 and opera version 78.1 the other is running Android 8 and opera version 78.2
Both are Motorola edge 40 and Motorola z play (2016).

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I tried doing a screen record but how do you get them to show where you have tapped? I couldn't do that so its just a browsing video which is pointless. Anyways I tried it with Ore no Genjitsu wa Ren’ai Game?? ka to Omottara Inochigake no Game datta chapter 68.2 (https://mangadex.org/chapter/f6257411-369a-4b28-b807-c9c8b98705c8/17) and it happened for 24 out of 26 pages. It happens when I get to bottom right and tap to turn to next page. If I tap it while the page is away from the borders towards the right side then it works (I read it zoomed in). It happened on both my phones 1 is running Android 13 and opera version 78.1 the other is running Android 8 and opera version 78.2
Both are Motorola edge 40 and Motorola z play (2016).
Tested on Opera 78.3.4143.75607, Android 13, no issues. Can you test Chrome/Firefox on your phone and see if the same issue happens?

Tested on Opera 78.3.4143.75607, Android 13, no issues. Can you test Chrome/Firefox on your phone and see if the same issue happens?
I checked on chrome too with the Android 13 phone and yes it happens on that too. Don't have firefox. Also I don't use chrome but opera so I'd prefer a fix on that one first.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I checked on chrome too with the Android 13 phone and yes it happens on that too. Don't have firefox. Also I don't use chrome but opera so I'd prefer a fix on that one first.
Just to check, see if the different options in Reader Settings under Behaviors change anything for you. Specifically, the "turn pages by tapping", "turn pages by scrolling" and "double tap to toggle fullscreen" ones.

Just to check, see if the different options in Reader Settings under Behaviors change anything for you. Specifically, the "turn pages by tapping", "turn pages by scrolling" and "double tap to toggle fullscreen" ones.
Turn pages by tapping - Directional -> Forward - No Change

Turn Pages By Scrolling - Never -> Both - No Change

Double tap to toggle full screen - Enabled -> Disabled - No Change.

Although today I did notice it was happening less than yesterday (even before making any changes). It might be a coincidence for the mangas i read since I read for an hour only which doesn't give that big of a pool to test.

Edit - it happened for 10 out of 10 pages on the very next manga i read after replying here - https://mangadex.org/chapter/42563eb3-35f7-40eb-b01e-e16953a0c6ce/10

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Hello any new developments?
Not really, no, I have no earthly idea what could possibly be affecting this with some chapters and not with others, especially when the problem is seemingly localized entirely to you. Any kind of a fix when we can't replicate the problem would be purely just stabbing in the dark and hoping for the best. Until there's someone else who can verify this and we can find out the commonality, I don't really know what we could do about it.

Honestly, that makes it sounds more like a bizarre issue with your phone hardware or OS than with the site, especially if you feel like testing with Firefox as suggested and that displays the same issue. Chrome and Opera are basically the same browser.

Not really, no, I have no earthly idea what could possibly be affecting this with some chapters and not with others, especially when the problem is seemingly localized entirely to you. Any kind of a fix when we can't replicate the problem would be purely just stabbing in the dark and hoping for the best. Until there's someone else who can verify this and we can find out the commonality, I don't really know what we could do about it.

Honestly, that makes it sounds more like a bizarre issue with your phone hardware or OS than with the site, especially if you feel like testing with Firefox as suggested and that displays the same issue. Chrome and Opera are basically the same browser.
I thought we were talking much more calmly. What happened? You said you wanted to know chrome too but now it becomes the same. If you wanted specifically firefox you should have just said so. Also it doesn't happen with some but with most mangas. I just didn't post all of them here since I thought it would be annoying to you. I only posted some examples.

Anyways I downloaded firefox and it doesn't happen there. I also took a Samsung galaxy from a family member and checked chrome on it and it happens there too so it isn't a hardware or os problem. Not specifically my phone. I think it's a chromium problem since it happens on chrome and opera but not on firefox.

Last edited:
People trashtalking the new update.
Why? What are people complaining about? Besides this double tap thing I didn't notice any change except the front page which doesn't look bad. In fact it was a couple months ago when there was an update that I had a problem which still hasnt been solved. I just gave up on it.

Btw that reply is incomplete. I have edited it to completion.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I thought we were talking much more calmly.
Sorry, I didn't mean to give an aggressive impression or anything, I was and am just talking normally. I know some people read into me talking harsher than I think I am, but it's difficult to unlearn.

You said you wanted to know chrome too but now it becomes the same. If you wanted specifically firefox you should have just said so.
Well, to be fair it was Brave who said that, not me. And while I'm throwing him under the bus, he probably should've said "and" instead of just using the slash.

Anyway, it being possibly narrowed down to a Chromium thing makes more sense. What doesn't make sense is, like I said, is that it only affects some chapters and not others - whether the effect is on the majority of pages or not doesn't matter, it's the inconsistency that's weird. It being an issue for you on another phone as well would seem to narrow it down too, but unfortunately you're still the only one reporting this issue and I just can't replicate it on my OnePlus on any of the three browsers, even when checking the chapters you linked.

In short, I just can't think of what even could be the problem. The page click code can't get simpler. Loading or node issues shouldn't cause that kind of a problem. The only thing that comes to mind is that you're somehow hitting an invisible element that's eating the click (which I can't find either), but that wouldn't be solved by double tapping instead anyway.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I tried doing a screen record but how do you get them to show where you have tapped?
Think it applies to pretty much any android version, there's a setting for it in the Developer Options, nothing very complicated.

Go into your settings > about phone or wherever the Build number is and start tapping said field till it says that it's enabled, and then go back until you find a Developer Options option, in there scroll to Input and there should be a Show Taps (or touches as is in my case) switch which when turned on, well, shows your "taps" (it follows your fingers, and not just blips and then disappears), just hit it again to turn it off and to disable Dev mode again there should be a switch at the very top unless it's stuck at the top of the screen like in this or this guide

Hey there are some things going on irl. I will post an update and a video after a couple of days. (For context - Diwali + Tinnitus = Worst time of year)

Users who are viewing this thread