Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 5 Ch. 31 - Neeko Fails to Find a Job

Dex-chan lover
As dumb as it may sound, I think she might actually have dodged a bullet there. If she's taken that job they'd probably have made a karoshi of her inside a year.
Yeah, Jesus Christ, I would leave in the middle of the interview if they behave like that. The worst thing is that I heard a true stories of companies doing that to "test the character under duress". But yeah everybody would mentally collapse after such experience.

Dex-chan lover
They treat her like shit on the interview and still gave her the position? They must be desperate and failing completely as a company to do this kind of shit. And it's even more obvious if they "start early and work late". She totally dodge an even worse experience by rejecting them, the only regret she should have is not telling them to eat shit and fuck off

Group Leader
She really shouldn't have felt bad about it for so long... I bet she would have suffered an even worse fate if she had worked for those jackasses. It seems like they were having a bad day and wanted to flex some authority over the applicants. Neeko was fresh out of college and still naïve so she let them get under her skin. Any other people with some experience would have called them out on their shitty behaviors and bailed out of there. And they still called her to accept her? Bunch of pricks.
004.gif

Yeah, Jesus Christ, I would leave in the middle of the interview if they behave like that. The worst thing is that I heard a true stories of companies doing that to "test the character under duress". But yeah everybody would mentally collapse after such experience.
It's a job interview, not a boot camp, lol. Wouldn't surprise me if those companies eventually burn to the ground because no one wants to work for them or with them. But then again, there are always some desperate poor souls out there...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, nobody will care but I wanna say it :

Neeko is gifted. She didn't have to struggle much when she was in a scholar environment, hence she took everything "easy" to the point of not taking some very important parts seriously. She didn't apply to part-time jobs for that reason.

Basically, she got hit with failure after failure on an important part of your adult life, a first for her I believe. Depleting your motivation and self-esteem as you start to second-guess your every decisions. "If I had done X or Y back in the days instead of doing Z" "I shouldn't be struggling, it's something everyone can do!" "Maybe, I'm not made for it..." She gradually despaired and was on her last leg.

That last interview with the garbage company just destroyed the last drop of motivation she had for the "working adult" life.

Also, hair turning white... I remember when I was struggling alone on another continent because of University... I had no beard and yet I had white hair on my chin from the stress. So I can relate to her a lot.

She lucked out by turning into a NEET, the mental and physical damage from working in a black company would have been irreparable and cripple her for life.

Double-page supporter
I resigned in a trash company and have been NEET for exactly 6 months now. But mark my words: I WOULD NEVER REGRET RESIGNING THERE.

That being said I still want to get a job...

Goddamn i never thought of it like that, how one really awful interview can actually scar you for a long time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm no expert, but aren't that signs of schizophrenia? The voices and such, I mean

Users who are viewing this thread