Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki - Vol. 19 Ch. 116 - Passing the Time with Sprinting Youkai at the Mall

Dex-chan lover
Ubume-chan is pretty thick, tho.

Also, Momo was destroyed? How did that happen?

My lack of knowledge is making this very confusing. Very interested in seeing what the story is behind Ubume-chan. Thank you for your hard work :D

Double-page supporter
@NODZZ Ubume is a type of youkai that were women who died in childbirth. They are always looking for their baby. The legends about them are different depend on the region. Some said she would stole other people's babies and kill them. Some said she gives a baby to random passerby then disappears and the child turn out to be a rock. It is a very sad and pitiful youkai. Maybe this monk tries to get her to find peace by letting her holding the baby.
On the subject, the manga "Natsu no Ubume" is a very interesting read with a modern take on the Ubume legend so you should check it out if you like mystery.

@Scytale Maybe because of the pressure from public after the urban legend involved the statue that was floating around the internet last year that scared children. My cousin works in an elementary school and she said children who saw the picture of the statue believed in the rumor and were traumatized.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 Huh, that bad? Welp, I wouldn't be too surprised. Shame, though. I hope the artist didn't face too much backlash personally.

Double-page supporter
@Scytale I hope so too. He did nothing wrong. The one who is in the wrong is the person who created that rumor using his statue then sent it to children.

Dex-chan lover
Momo was made of silicon, so naturally disintegrated, and was thrown away. RIP Momo.🙍🙍🙍

Users who are viewing this thread