Neko ni Tensei Shita Ojisan - Ch. 527

Dex-chan lover
lol hopefully a cicada flying around isn't as erratic as a hornet or so lol XD; but interesting how it's not as censored as cockroaches are, maybe japanese mangaka like cicadas/are used to hearing them or so

Dex-chan lover
lol hopefully a cicada flying around isn't as erratic as a hornet or so lol XD; but interesting how it's not as censored as cockroaches are, maybe japanese mangaka like cicadas/are used to hearing them or so
Cicadas usually enjoy a much better reputation than cockroaches. In some Asian countries, they are somewhat like the Egyptian scarab, a symbol of resurrection, because at the end of summer, it falls on the ground, and the next spring, it comes out of the ground again, as if it resuscitated. It is also said they carry the spirits of the ancestors, who come back to sing every summer.

Dex-chan lover
Cicadas usually enjoy a much better reputation than cockroaches. In some Asian countries, they are somewhat like the Egyptian scarab, a symbol of resurrection, because at the end of summer, it falls on the ground, and the next spring, it comes out of the ground again, as if it resuscitated. It is also said they carry the spirits of the ancestors, who come back to sing every summer.
well cockroaches are dirty (so it's surprising that it seems so common to show up in some manga, even if not every chara is a neat freak, it's usually not a bad enough shut in neat hoarder room to where there'd be tons), but japanese kids seem to like collecting/being able to handle bugs in general, even if i saw a beetle in my house versus a cockroach my instinct would also be to spray it

(altho i guess Yotsuba is fairly tomboyish with these things)

Dex-chan lover
well cockroaches are dirty (so it's surprising that it seems so common to show up in some manga, even if not every chara is a neat freak, it's usually not a bad enough shut in neat hoarder room to where there'd be tons), but japanese kids seem to like collecting/being able to handle bugs in general, even if i saw a beetle in my house versus a cockroach my instinct would also be to spray it

(altho i guess Yotsuba is fairly tomboyish with these things)
Excuse you. Cockroaches are NOT dirty. They are the cleaners of this world. They eat whatever's decomposing. And yes, they can be somewhat invasive. But keep your place clean, and you won't see them. I for one have never seen a cockroach in my house.
Beetles are generally not that mean, but they can scamper away pretty quickly. For most bugs, if you grab them by the sides (like Yotsuba does here), they become helpless. Same goes with a lot of crustaceans.

Dex-chan lover
Excuse you. Cockroaches are NOT dirty. They are the cleaners of this world. They eat whatever's decomposing. And yes, they can be somewhat invasive. But keep your place clean, and you won't see them. I for one have never seen a cockroach in my house.
Beetles are generally not that mean, but they can scamper away pretty quickly. For most bugs, if you grab them by the sides (like Yotsuba does here), they become helpless. Same goes with a lot of crustaceans.
my bad, but yeah, they show up because your house is dirty or so versus like someone having a sterile environment i imagine , tho we had more cockroaches now compared to back in the day but it is a pretty old house (and the ones i saw went under our stove top oven so can't really do anything about those)

(although even if they made your house sparkling clean in comparison i imagine most ppl still wouldn't wanna deal with them)

Dex-chan lover
(although even if they made your house sparkling clean in comparison i imagine most ppl still wouldn't wanna deal with them)
The problem is that their reproductive speed is very high. Which leads to an infestation. And since they are hard to kill, it is hard to stop them once it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread