Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 120 - It's question time

"Borrow that power"?
A heavy lore just drop
Feels unnatural that now the entire universe seems to be focusing on the thing. I would have been fine just having MC asking questions, then maaayyybe this coming up when he makes it an issue at the cafe. Her making it an issue around the same time MC does is just jarring.

Dex-chan lover
Feels unnatural that now the entire universe seems to be focusing on the thing. I would have been fine just having MC asking questions, then maaayyybe this coming up when he makes it an issue at the cafe. Her making it an issue around the same time MC does is just jarring.
Well that's just a narrative framing, this doesn't necessarily happen at the exact same second.

Well that's just a narrative framing, this doesn't necessarily happen at the exact same second.
Yeah, I get that much. But it feels rather heavy-handed to have this become the new "it" topic for everyone. Even if it doesn't happen all at once, at the exact same time, it does for the reader.

Supporter
Yeah, I get that much. But it feels rather heavy-handed to have this become the new "it" topic for everyone. Even if it doesn't happen all at once, at the exact same time, it does for the reader.
This was going to come to an end pretty soon if there wasn't anything beyond the basic romcom, since our lead cat has serious impulse control issues, and our lead monkey has apparently figured out how to use his talky parts - I'll take an abrupt change in direction if it keeps being fun longer term . . .

That said, it's definitely a little jarring how suddenly this came up, but I get the feeling a lot of that is due to the short-format. We're seeing incomplete snapshots of the transition from one part of the story to the next, and it's really hard to make that kind of transition seem smooth when it's potentially broken up across days or even weeks - a single page doesn't allow enough progress, things that would be resolved by just flipping to the next page in a longer format end up feeling like cliffhangers or incomplete and abrupt changes in direction. It's up to you if you're willing to trust the author to get there in the end . . .

Dex-chan lover
I just want to read a story about fucking a cute cat man ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread