Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 131 - Ownership rights

Dex-chan lover
An effective way to mark your scent is by peeing on it.:dogkek:
iu

Dex-chan lover
i think our cats at home are defective, whenever they get territorial they rub their butts not their heads
Cats have scent glands all over the place, including under their tail and on their paws, as well as on their heads and cheeks - they'll rub those scent glands on things for various reasons including marking territory as well as for communication (cats communicate a significant amount of information through scent, it's not just about identity or territory). They also have anal glands that they use when spraying, which are the hard-core version of "communicating through scent" - if you have cats you probably know what I mean.

Cats in general are a lot more scent-oriented than people tend to assume, they have an excellent sense of smell (not much worse than dogs, in fact), it's just that their hunting is more visually and aurally focused than scent focused - if they smell something they'll start looking around for the source rather than chasing the scent trail like a dog might. I'm pretty sure when they're forcibly marking you over and over and over it's mostly because they've decided you're just a bit dumb and if only they SHOUT A BIT LOUDER maybe you'll get what they're saying . . .

My cats have always tended to rub their cheeks on things rather than their butts, though I'm sure when they forcibly sit on me with their tail up rather than curled around they're also depositing scent . . . I'm sure it's all very affectionate, though . . . hopefully . . .

Users who are viewing this thread