Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 234 - The Shape of Happiness

Dex-chan lover
I kinda like the use of immortality as a plot device
Here specifically or in general? if not in general then don't mind me XD

Have you seen "Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms"? I like it quite a lot since I'm a bit bored of the usual "immortality sucks cause people around you die" and I think that while this movie acknowledges it, it also shows a slightly different way for immortals to live.

Altho tbh they aren't acc immortals, they just have very long lives.

Dex-chan lover
Then what was the problem????? Have they not told her? Why not, if she's worried about it? Or is she just worried about the tiny chance she might be immortal?

Jeez.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the one thing I would be doing is to be in constant contact of any family members that are currently alive. Yes, it is very sad to see loved ones pass on, I believe the best ones to lean on is your family. She can get the emotional support she wants and she can inform any new generation of the bloodline they will possibly inherit.

Dex-chan lover
"No parent should ever have to lower their own children into their graves"-some quotes I found online
Good for her to found some kind of solace but can't imagine the first few times losing her children while she knew that she would stay alive for possibly eternity. If I were in this situation, i would legit spend like years figuring out how to kill myself lol. Immortality sucks ball

Supporter
Then what was the problem????? Have they not told her? Why not, if she's worried about it? Or is she just worried about the tiny chance she might be immortal?

Jeez.
Not being immortal =!= having same life span as a human.

But it might also just be that teenagers (or rather humans in general) aren't exactly known for listening to full explanations and instead jumping to conclusions if something is emotionally trickering for them. I know that it happens to me still...

Dex-chan lover
Not being immortal =!= having same life span as a human.

But it might also just be that teenagers (or rather humans in general) aren't exactly known for listening to full explanations and instead jumping to conclusions if something is emotionally trickering for them. I know that it happens to me still...
I feel as though the lack of any mention of a differing lifespan means she will live about as long as the average human. It would be a weird thing to refrain from saying after everything that just happened.

It would also be rather hard to live and die as a human if you even reach and age of 120+, that'll break records, people will take notice, and what if you age so much slower that even at that age you barely look 50. Personally I'd find it hard to tell a person they "will be Able to live and die as a human" if there were such caveats.

Users who are viewing this thread