Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 253 - Beyond Words

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring the deadbeat father justifying his actions. Mii-chan was precious here. Takase must protecc
gLTOiBC.png

Dex-chan lover
Uh... I'm at a loss for word here. When he said he didn't abandon them, I thought there'd be some clever reveal... this is dumber than I thought...:wtf:

EDIT
Okay; after reading other comments, it wasn't as dumb as I thought. There's some nuance to it but it is mostly lost in translation.

Last edited:

Gu7

Dex-chan lover
Are we sure he's not an orange cat in disguise ? because wow that's the dumbest thing i've ever read

Maybe next chapter will shed more light on what he meant

Dex-chan lover
I think the difference is that "abandon" means "I don't want you anymore", while "run away" means "I can't be near you anymore".

For the dad, he meant to say he did it becuz he cared about her, and that he still loves her. Though idk if Mitsuki will accept that.

Dex-chan lover
I think there's some nuance here, but not sure whether or not it's intended by the author:
He didn't abandon them, as in he wanted to cut ties with them for his own selfish motives, but instead chose to run away in order to distance himself from his family in order to protect them.

Imagine a father who's an alcoholic, who knows he's a bad drunk, hopeless, and has a bad reputation: he willingly leaves the family in order to protect them because he sees that there's nothing he can do to help other than to evict himself.

Notice how he doesn't mind Mitsuki visiting him (and appears glad she visited), because she's going out of her way to find him.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone gives us some context on what he said on jp?
The general context doesn't change much, but the word that Mi and the father uses is 捨, which would mean to throw something away/getting rid of something, in this case throwing away a cat.

So in this situation the father did not get rid of Mi and her mother because he didn't want them or need them anymore, he just ran away because of reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread