Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - The Battle Begins

Dex-chan lover
@EOTFOFYL
It's indeed ee-seh-kai, three syllables. It's standard japanese pronounciation. The only way I can think of "ise" being a single syllable is if you pronounce it as the English word ice, but that's very much wrong.
For reference, the word sekai (世界) means world, and isekai is pretty much made my placing the kanji 異 (pronounced as just the japanese i or English e) meaning different in front of it. You can almost think of the first i in isekai as a separate word.

Fed-Kun's army
So, they're launching missiles at Wyverns, huh? Seems like a waste of resources. If you have to spend more resources to get rid of a (relatively) small amount of resources (for the enemy), then it's not worth it.

Doesn't the Japanese destroyers have one AA, similar to those carried on Carriers?

EDIT: Nvm

Fed-Kun's army
@youseiki if your referring to the Japanese imperial flag the JMSD still uses that flag and every Japanese ships fly that flag https://www.mod.go.jp/msdf/

Dex-chan lover
@mp5navy

It must've been guided, I don't know much about missiles, but I do know you can guide them.

Dex-chan lover
Uh ok, can I just say.
Japan seems extremely benevolent.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure that with overwhelming power, you have that right reserved to do whatever you want,
but saving maritime enemies is something I'm not sure of especially if they may outnumber the current crew of a ship?
Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with maritime warfare so forgive me if I might be wrong in my assumption for this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@gregger

From what I’ve read up, it’s a standard modern procedure due to humane laws and movements. It’s the same idea why some countries don’t immediately kill criminals and basically why we have “prisoners of war”

AHAHAH this is literally a sarcasm against that certain chapter of zipang

Louriat Navy: 1 against many. You can't defeat us!
JS Myoko: haha CWIS go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

all i got from this chapter was Zipang ver.2, instead of USN fleet vs Mirai, we got Medieval Wyverns and floating tinder vs. Myoko. lol

Also played the Zipang battle theme while reading this, truely deja vu.

Dex-chan lover
"Don't get me wrong. I'm sure that with overwhelming power, you have that right reserved to do whatever you want,
but saving maritime enemies is something I'm not sure of especially if they may outnumber the current crew of a ship?
Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with maritime warfare so forgive me if I might be wrong in my assumption for this chapter."

I'd say most of the concern also relates back to:
1. Unnecessary death. Japan still want to have as much peaceful relationship with as many countries as possible. Note that it's not beyond comprehension that two nations become best buddies after a huge war (take U.S. vs UK for example).
2. Cost. Japan has only been couple months since it was transported away. It must've put a lot of strain on the industrial sector as well as military. Government spending will certainly rise the first several years. If it can save several thousands dollars by not mass murdering those who already surrender (or retaliate minimally), then why not?
3. Japan wants to be seen as pacifist nation. The way a war is won or conducted is definitely a huge factor to be analyzed by other nations unless Japan does not know the enemy's strength (if this were a war in our world, then they cannot hold back).

If this was GATE the main characters would be having a field day killing all the survivors and making it out to be a fun family outing

Fed-Kun's army
So many here seem to forget that modern Japan adheres to the Geneva Codes... :/

Also...loved that "What's that!?" from the Dragoon rider when he seen the missile coming head-on at him... XD

Fed-Kun's army
I knew some ignorant fools would have a problem with the flag, too. Not knowing that it was used LONG before WWII and continued to be in use long after...like most other established military flags.

Users who are viewing this thread