Nine Heavens Swordmaster - Ch. 72

Dex-chan lover
It really is interesting how these Murim stories can be so engaging even with such a large amount that are created. It's a testament to the authors/artists writing/storytelling who can create their own story and characters stand out despite the oversaturation.

Like there always is a evil sect, a young prodigy who rises to the top, secret identities and so on. Yet for some reason it just doesn't get as old for me as say isekai#25,732. I don't know why, despite reading so many stories of so many genres.

I actively am looking forward to the eventual family reunion and comeuppance.

Anyways, thanks for the translation, and thanks for sharing it on mangadex. If not for you translating the series, and being willing to post it here, I never would've had the pleasure of reading this series.

Fed-Kun's army
It really is interesting how these Murim stories can be so engaging even with such a large amount that are created. It's a testament to the authors/artists writing/storytelling who can create their own story and characters stand out despite the oversaturation.

Like there always is a evil sect, a young prodigy who rises to the top, secret identities and so on. Yet for some reason it just doesn't get as old for me as say isekai#25,732. I don't know why, despite reading so many stories of so many genres.

I actively am looking forward to the eventual family reunion and comeuppance.

Anyways, thanks for the translation, and thanks for sharing it on mangadex. If not for you translating the series, and being willing to post it here, I never would've had the pleasure of reading this series.
i want to say, that typically the murim structure lends itself more to character building than isekai. isekai typically throws a very boring MC, who applies his unique knowledge to progress and power up. the focus is on the MC being powerful, but beyond survival and trying to "go back home" there's no much more than that. even if the MC was a loser before the isekai, it's rare for their target for vengeance to be within reach. more often than not, the same "boring formula" also applies to dungeon break webcomics popular in korea.

where as with murim (chinese, japanese or korean), the same formula of honour, betrayal, vengeance typically lends itself to an MC who grows strong with a purpose, who was trampled on and will go through a journey to get more powerful and to exact vengeance. the structure just better lends itself to force character growth in part of the world building.

Users who are viewing this thread