No Home - Ch. 227 - Juwan Park and Hara Kang (2)

Dex-chan lover
I do agree that having this from Juwan's mom's perspective is good. As a realistic issue, I don't think it really could be from anyone else's perspective and make much sense. Having it from Juwan or Hara's perspective would either lead to spoiling the hidden intentions too soon or otherwise make it bad writing.

I contrast this with Eunyung's parents' arc, where we mostly saw it from Eunyung's point of view, but then we had moments where it was from the point of view of Haejoon. That was bad writing. Even when we saw it from Haejoon's point of view, the father was still this cloaked figure and not revealed to be an old man. That made jack zero sense.

You know what would be funny but I know it's not going to happen? They're actually dating in secret and just don't want anyone to know, including Juwan's mother, so they put on these kinds of acts. That would be really interesting.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know where this would be going, but i sure hope that juwan will be fine and no more painful memories for him

I just reread the Minju Gong and Juwan Park chapters and it's making me put everything Hara does into a new perspective 😭

I do agree that having this from Juwan's mom's perspective is good. As a realistic issue, I don't think it really could be from anyone else's perspective and make much sense. Having it from Juwan or Hara's perspective would either lead to spoiling the hidden intentions too soon or otherwise make it bad writing.

I contrast this with Eunyung's parents' arc, where we mostly saw it from Eunyung's point of view, but then we had moments where it was from the point of view of Haejoon. That was bad writing. Even when we saw it from Haejoon's point of view, the father was still this cloaked figure and not revealed to be an old man. That made jack zero sense.
No, we saw Eunyung's father as a cloaked figure even from Haejoon's POV for the exact same reason? The reveal that he was a frail old man was supposed to be a very very big deal, because it was the first time Eunyung was realizing he was, in fact, stronger than him, and he didn't have to be scared of him like he was when he was a child, and it was the other way around. That scene wouldn't have had remotely the same impact if we, as readers, had known all along what he really looked like instead of finding out at the same time as Eunyung.

Dex-chan lover
No, we saw Eunyung's father as a cloaked figure even from Haejoon's POV for the exact same reason? The reveal that he was a frail old man was supposed to be a very very big deal, because it was the first time Eunyung was realizing he was, in fact, stronger than him, and he didn't have to be scared of him like he was when he was a child, and it was the other way around. That scene wouldn't have had remotely the same impact if we, as readers, had known all along what he really looked like instead of finding out at the same time as Eunyung.
You're fitting the scene to the emotions and not the other way around.

I agree that the scene would not have had the same impact if we knew what he really looked like.

The solution is to not have him be an explicitly cloaked figure when talking to Haejoon outside the presence of Eunyung. He could've just been offscreen and talking to Haejoon. Could've had the same exact conversation with Haejoon. Or it could've been shifted to his POV for those conversations.

The problem is that having him be cloaked when talking with Haejoon when Eunyung is not present gives the necessary conclusion that Haejoon sees him like this. Which makes no sense.

So yes, I agree that the scene wouldn't have had the same impact. The author could've preserved the impact without making the nonsense conclusion that Haejoon sees him as a cloaked figure.

Users who are viewing this thread