Nobunaga's Chef - Vol. 13 Ch. 111 - The Food That Moved The Artist

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe there are other places in the world that make food aside from the West, China, and Japan!
ZNvb0dBm.jpg

Double-page supporter
Okay, it's bothering me now. Why is "shogun" repeatedly translated as "general"? Did the translator use Google Translate or what? I know some machine translator will pop out "general" when you try to translate "shogun" because it's the literal meaning of the word.

Double-page supporter
Okay, it's bothering me now. Why is "shogun" repeatedly translated as "general"? Did the translator use Google Translate or what? I know some machine translator will pop out "general" when you try to translate "shogun" because it's the literal meaning of the word.
This is still acceptable, in my opinion. What's unacceptable is translating Sakai as "the Border" in Chapter 99. That is atrocious. Like, what the hell – it's not even the same kanji ( 堺 and 境 ).

Double-page supporter
Bruh really cooked Turkish food and passed it off as both European and Non-European.

Double-page supporter
This is still acceptable, in my opinion. What's unacceptable is translating Sakai as "the Border" in Chapter 99. That is atrocious. Like, what the hell – it's not even the same kanji ( ).
I mean, "general" and "shogun" are completely different things to the general public, even though the literal translation is technically correct. But yeah, if the translation screwed up like that, now I really suspect that they're using OCR and machine translation for this.

堺 and 境 can be mixed up if it's not a human person reading, but they just pass it through an image scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread