Nonbiri VRMMO-ki - Ch. 52 - Fighting The Intermediate Floor Boss

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you everyone for your amazing support on the previous chapter!
Make sure to say "Thanks Tony for helping out" as he helped me to speed up the release of this chapter (and will continue for the next few chapters too!).
As promised a new chapter every 1-2 weeks (this one was a day early). Like always - any critiques, comments, questions, or suggestions are always welcomed!
If you somehow miss the updates page or didn't read all of it - I plan to pick up JK Shachiku Wo Kau after I help Fe Scans with typesetting for chapter 29 and 30 of said manga. However, this would NOT slow down or hinder the updates for this manga. So look forward to it!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Full-dive VR games like the one in this manga make me question how they'd work out RL. Does your body treat playing the game like sleep? Would it effectively be high REM sleep? How would your mind handle the time dilation over an extended period of play? Could you put the full-dive gear on someone in a coma to interact with them?

Just shower thoughts.

Dex-chan lover
Full-dive VR games like the one in this manga make me question how they'd work out RL. Does your body treat playing the game like sleep? Would it effectively be high REM sleep? How would your mind handle the time dilation over an extended period of play? Could you put the full-dive gear on someone in a coma to interact with them?

Just shower thoughts.
The authors usually don't think things through.
Time dilation is pretty bad, with SAO being the only one where there is any sort of explanation. (and that explanation is, honestly, fake science). It's more reasonable to assume time goes at normal rate, but sun moves across the sky faster, and the world is dense with events, giving the players a feeling of time going quickly.
But skills and abilities that influence the movements of your in-game avatar are even worse. Do the players have a simulated spine in the game, and parts of it get replaced with skill-based movements? If so, does initial setup include uploading the player's spine to the game?

Dex-chan lover
Tysm to you and Tony, I love this series. I'd like to bring up 'Suterare Seijo no Isekai Gohantabi' which was also amazing and seems dead :'(
Maybe it'll interest you.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't there a limit to the hounds? And wasn't it said that the incense (incest) won't sell for much?

Fed-Kun's army
Wasn't there a limit to the hounds? And wasn't it said that the incense (incest) won't sell for much?
Regarding the hounds, from the translations, as long as Hitaki has the mana for it she can summon as many as she wants. There was a mention of it being single-use skill in the previous group's translation, but the literal translation for it was "A little wasteful because they're disposable" which can be interpreted as the shadow hounds can die which can be a waste of mana.

and with the necromancer's incense it was just an assumption that Hibari made back in Ch 45 (in thinking that it was of no value). I may have not properly convey it in my translations, so I take the blame for that.

Users who are viewing this thread