Noragami - Ch. 107 - White

Dex-chan lover
Imagine killing one of the main, beloved characters near the beginning of a chapter, then not touching upon that for the remainder of that chapter, only to make people wait one more month, at minimum to see the aftermath, assuming the story doesn't focus on other stuff.

The part that irritates me the most is it's been so many months since we last saw Hiyori, and when we finally do we get this shit and gotta wait longer.

I imagine she'll be fine. Whether she becomes someone equivalent to Yato's dad, or by some other means gets brought back. I'm pretty sure it's never been explicitly stated that it's impossible for humans to be brought back in this series. Her body is still in tact and in good shape, so perhaps if she could be returned to her body there's a way for her to be alright. One thing I'm kind of expecting is the goddess Amaterasu to get involved, and perhaps be the one to save Hiyori. Amaterasu has been shown to involve herself with the characters before, such as Yato's adventure to the underworld, with her randomly appearing and telling Hiyori and the others how they can save Yato.

Fed-Kun's army
This probably would have been a cool chapter if we weren't tired of this arc by now. It honestly sucks knowing how the haitus flipped this series on its head.

I can already tell how this will end. The gods will do an "avengers superhero" to save the mortal realm while spouting cheesy lines, Hiyori and Yato will team up to defeat his dad using guilt from his ex, she may die but it will only be a technicality all while trying to wrap up plot holes and open ends while the series comes to a close.

One of the things I liked the most about this series were the character dynamic and how they interacted, aside from yuki contacting his sister there hasn't been much of it.

I'm still going to finish my physical collection once its out but it would probably be on a bottom self.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf ... well, Yato has a new Shinki, problem resolved about figth vs father, I like more a sacrificial arc that dummy dead

Double-page supporter
I predict Hiyori is going to come back to life and somehow magically everything will be okay again (one big deus ex machina) in one unsatisfying fell swoop.

Also, I find it unamusing how this manga continues to recycle plot arcs. Hiyori’s mortality, the loss of a giant group of a Shinki, Yukine’s identity, the nonstop duel with father etc. It’s getting exhausting but I’m in this for the long haul.

I realize I shouldn’t bitch about the writing because the authors are probably going through something. But. Shonen monthly is a cruel mistress huh

Dex-chan lover
I predict Hiyori is going to come back to life and somehow magically everything will be okay again (one big deus ex machina) in one unsatisfying fell swoop.

Also, I find it unamusing how this manga continues to recycle plot arcs. Hiyori’s mortality, the loss of a giant group of a Shinki, Yukine’s identity, the nonstop duel with father etc. It’s getting exhausting but I’m in this for the long haul.

I realize I shouldn’t bitch about the writing because the authors are probably going through something. But. Shonen monthly is a cruel mistress huh
Yes, father will say: "follow me vs the heaven and I will res Hiyori"
Another recycled arc Yato vs heaven

Dex-chan lover
Yes, father will say: "follow me vs the heaven and I will res Hiyori"
Another recycled arc Yato vs heaven
Unlikely.
Maybe if the series was still going on indefinitely, but they only got at best 1 or 2 chapters until it'll be over. With only around 20 pages a chapter, that's not enough to tell that kind of story.

It'll be a deus ex kind of resolution. Hiyori will be fine. It's possible that she doesn't get saved and does stay dead, and becomes a shinki like Yukine, but because of her being a main character and her circumstances being different, I'd imagine she'd probably keep her memories, or regain them but not be corrupted by them.

Double-page supporter
If they weren't constantly having Yato's father be a constant deus ex machina and drag it for so freaking damn long, then I would have definitely enjoyed this arc a lot more. Right now, it feels exhausting to read this and have everything so compact, especially with so little chapters left.. =x= Damn this really made me hate Yato's father just from the amount of unnecessary screentime he took that could have made this last arc so much better

Dex-chan lover
If they weren't constantly having Yato's father be a constant deus ex machina and drag it for so freaking damn long, then I would have definitely enjoyed this arc a lot more. Right now, it feels exhausting to read this and have everything so compact, especially with so little chapters left.. =x= Damn this really made me hate Yato's father just from the amount of unnecessary screentime he took that could have made this last arc so much better
Agreed.

I would have preferred it a lot more if he was defeated back at the end of that fight he had against Yato & Kazuma.

Instead of stringing along his father, making the dude over stay his welcome big time, it could have been a case where as he's dying he activates... whatever this shit is, with the remainder of the manga being Yato & Yukine doing whatever to undo what was done, and to save all the humans, as well as let us focus more on what's going on with Hiyori, instead of treating her predicament as a mere afterthought.

Aggregator gang
Just read thru 100 chapters, got to say I’ve been skimming the hell out of this arc. There was literally 10 chapters of yato and kazuma just killing regular phantoms lol. I’m kinda just in it at this point for my ships hiyori x Yano and nora x yukki

Users who are viewing this thread