Noragami - Vol. 27 Ch. 109 - With the God in the Tracksuit

Dex-chan lover
Daw. I like this ending. The climax was too much. It pulled my heart every which way so this more calm and chill ending kinda is full circle cause the beginning was this same vibe.
Many thanks for seeing the story to completion

Double-page supporter
Thank you for translating this series for so long.

I have to be honest this series had slowly lost my interest for quite some time but I have been reading for years at this point. Its always nice to see a conclusion to a long running story. I would say its a nice enough ending but I can't help but feel like it was a bit too brief. It spent several chapters on flashbacks and side plots but the ending was a singular chapter where everything returns to the norm. Definitely feels like we could have gotten a bit more.

After all that we've been through and learned about with the Gods, I really don't feel the happy together forever after ending.

Also, with the sporadic updates I lost track of some of what happened, why exactly does Bishamonten have machine prosthetics now?

Dex-chan lover
its been a long journey, filled with twists and turns all over, but we finally reached its end. I'm gonna miss this series man :,)

o7 to this masterpiece

Dex-chan lover
Despite my dislike for some of this series' arcs and this rather meh final chapter, I am glad I got to see it end.

Thanks for all the hard work scan team.

Need some reread for this one, have been put this one down for quite some time.

Meh ending, I was waiting more,
  • How yato was saved ... meh
  • Yukine and Nora ening ... ok
  • Hiyori's life ... meh .. and worst her bf and romantic life
  • Hiyori meeting Yato .... anticlimatic ... why? How? Now what about he said early pages?
Now we need the epilogue and see the Hiyori After life ....
That’s not her bf……. Are people really this dumb that they suck at interpreting scenes?

Dex-chan lover
1) It's in the 2nd part of the chapter right before this. He did get his ass beat, whether it was satisfying or not is subjective i guess. I found it satisfying enough

2) No
Thanks for telling me, I guess I won't be wasting my time reading this

Double-page supporter
...So besides some misc turmoil they had to go though, we're back to status quo, Hiyori's just not in danger of dropping dead out of nowhere. Yeah this smacks of "we don't have the time and strength to follow through on everything we've set up so let's just put everything back on the shelf." I like the characters, so it's a nice, happy ending in that sense, but it's definitely very... nothing. I wonder how I'll feel if I reread the whole thing.

Dex-chan lover
Why is Bishamon suddenly a t-1000 :questionblob: ? Cxan't believe it has been 13 years. Dang now I feel old, but at least some long running manga got a somewhat proper end. Ty for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation after all these years. This ending was rather lackluster but I’m happy Hiyori saw Yato again. Maybe when she passes she’ll be Yato’s shinki again. Would have been cool to know.

IT'S FINALLY OVER 😭
NGL not super satisfied with the ending, but it's alright. It's not terrible at least. I liked being able to see where they are now (although it now leaves me with some Questions), especially with hiyori becoming a doctor. That's what fics (no matter how little there are) are for I guess lol

Man I've been into noragami for about the past decade, can't believe it's been that long. Used to talk about this with my friends in high school. Those were the days 😌 It's been a wild ride and it's nice to see a relatively nice conclusion after everything.

O7 ty for your all work with the scanlation

Dex-chan lover
Well i'm glad the major plot threads got tied up (and especially that folks were ok).

but i feel kinda unsatisfied with what the story was trying to say about the morality of gods and how it tied into father's entire sthick.

It kinda felt like it got away from the author bc it didn't really feel like they reached even a satisfying stalemate on how gods treat mortal creatures.

Idk i got complicated feelings even if i like the ending itself.

Fed-Kun's army
Did Nora stay at Hiyori's grandma house?
I thought Amaterasu let Yato exist with her authority turned out its back to gag manga lol

Dex-chan lover
Yall on crack. This ending was great. For everyone whining about a dues ex machina, its literally a story about gods. And the God was saved by a HUMAN trend in a MACHINE. You're missing the comedic irony.

Hiyori and Yato can't be together romantically. She's still a human, and will still die someday. But its nice they get to be together while she grows. Why do people want a sad ending so badly?

Dex-chan lover
I remember loving the anime when it first came out, then I started reading the Manga until I caught up and the updates where inconsistent so I forgot about it. Can someone tell me 2 things: 1) did the evil father get his ass beaten and was it satisfying? 2) was there actual, clear romance between Yato and Hiyori?
I would say he doesnt get his ass beaten, but he loses and it is satisfying emotionally?

Clear romance isn't there. Not sure it can be with Hiyori being mortal. And if people are pissed at the dues ex machina ending as is, they'd be really pissed if Hiyori became a god (which is kind of what I was hoping.)

Users who are viewing this thread