Normality and Monsters - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
LOL you'd think other than being overconfident, monsters wouldn't 'reveal' themselves too easily then again a lot of ppl wouldn't fight back (takahashi-san seemed really aware of not wanting to get 'caught', maybe there is some secret organization team that somehow is able to kill/get rid of these monsters if not imprison them/some huge weakness we don't know about [Surprised no one's taken the form of like some pet cat or so or an animal b/c "some animal attacked me" is a bit more believable and not always taken away by animal control as opposed to like some force arresting/restraining a human form])

Wonder if this "Mr N." has memories of the real one, b/c they could've thought "I know who you are and for a fact that you don't have friends" (other than also knowing about takanashi-san) tho stuff on the internet 'lasts forever' so other than just deleting it from her phone or so she could've also just claimed she released some video online or in a forum post as well (guess it would be amusing if there was another chara obsessed with 'cryptid hunting' and never coming across one or so, if not someone living in peace with one like "i'll let you live here and bring me meals if you spare my friends and family")

interesting gyaru form. Makes me just think "just go around social media luring in sugar daddies" (tho it does make me think about some monster that might actually 'like'/love humanity and only get rid of the 'bad' ones, in a messed up serial killer way XD Or someone influential/'charming' enough to have a straight up cult and ask for sacrifices)

Dex-chan lover
All of these monster probably are just genderfluid :pacman:
Do monsters even have gender? We don't know yet  what are monsters, they might not even be a species, but rather literally a unique creature that goes beyond the laws of physics going by how they do things that should be impossible, so I assume they're literally beyond concept of gender and sex too.
for what it's worth Both this new monster and Takahashi seem to express some amount of joy or attachment to being a girl. It's quite interesting
Maybe in part because it's young girl? If we ignore gender there's the fact that simply being an adult sucks, if we take gender into account there's the fact that girls have more freedom to be themselves, relatively speaking.

There might be the practical side too, girls are beneath suspicion, they're underestimated, perfect camouflage for a monster.

Also probably helps if they act in strange ways, if a girl is quirky she might be considered cute enough to let it pass, if a guy is quirky he might be considered a fucking weirdo that nobody wants to be with.

Group Leader
Do monsters even have gender? We don't know yet  what are monsters, they might not even be a species, but rather literally a unique creature that goes beyond the laws of physics going by how they do things that should be impossible, so I assume they're literally beyond concept of gender and sex too.
I will probably have to address this in the TL notes at some point. I've been avoiding the subject until now because only Itou knows that Takahashi is a monster, and she clearly thinks of Takahashi as a girl (even in the raw she calls her a "cute girl" at one point). With Niehara it's going to be a lot trickier, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it lol. The short answer is: we don't know; the manga is ambiguous and open to interpretation in this regard.

Dex-chan lover
I will probably have to address this in the TL notes at some point. I've been avoiding the subject until now because only Itou knows that Takahashi is a monster, and she clearly thinks of Takahashi as a girl (even in the raw she calls her a "cute girl" at one point). With Niehara it's going to be a lot trickier, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it lol. The short answer is: we don't know; the manga is ambiguous and open to interpretation in this regard.
Sounds like a dating sim too, "Eldritch Horror also wants to be a cute girl!" something like that. Tho i'm sure there are 'handsome monster men' for the ppl who prefer 'male' monsters too like that "Aberrant Head" manga
You know, you may be onto something there.

Slenderman may have used this schoolgirl form to attract the pedo teacher, and that's how it got the form of the pedo teacher in the first place.
weird that "He" would then target takanashi san too unless monsters can somehow 'sense' each other (tho takanashi did look surprise to see 'him' again) to where it'd be like "Hey, this is my territory" and such lol (versus one of takanashi's other classmate friends being like "Sensei is a total creep, please help me" and her "perfect, reliable persona" would be the type to 'confront' him about it or so)

Tho a monster battle royale would be quite an arc if it wasn't focusing on the interpersonal relationship between Takanashi and MC, if it's not "we'll team up and i'll help you get rid of the other monsters" or so

Dex-chan lover
Not sure there is much to address, I imagine Itou treats both as girls since it's their current form and in part cause she's gay as fuck, but otherwise it's never actually clarified how the monsters really see themselves, but goibg by how they can transform into anyone and are impossible old, I'm assuming sex and gender are literally meaningless to them.

I also imagine they're monsters in the most literal sense of the word, they're not just some "animals" or a different species of being, but closer to actual eldritch abominations, would explain why they do such impossible shit.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like a dating sim too, "Eldritch Horror also wants to be a cute girl!" something like that.
Is that an actual dating sim or you're just making up the name? For those interested in the concept there is two games:
Sucker for Love: First Date
Sucker for Love: Date to Die For
Pretty sure second one you play as female character.
Tho i'm sure there are 'handsome monster men' for the ppl who prefer 'male' monsters too like that "Aberrant Head" manga
Although not eldritch abominations, there's always Monster Prom if one wants to date monsters in general, lots of options.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like a dating sim too, "Eldritch Horror also wants to be a cute girl!" something like that. Tho i'm sure there are 'handsome monster men' for the ppl who prefer 'male' monsters too like that "Aberrant Head" manga

weird that "He" would then target takanashi san too unless monsters can somehow 'sense' each other (tho takanashi did look surprise to see 'him' again) to where it'd be like "Hey, this is my territory" and such lol (versus one of takanashi's other classmate friends being like "Sensei is a total creep, please help me" and her "perfect, reliable persona" would be the type to 'confront' him about it or so)

Tho a monster battle royale would be quite an arc if it wasn't focusing on the interpersonal relationship between Takanashi and MC, if it's not "we'll team up and i'll help you get rid of the other monsters" or so
Maybe this slenderman entity does not physically feed on flesh like deathworm girl does.

It mentioning it is interested in the FMC hints that slenderman may feed something more abstract, like emotions or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Is that an actual dating sim or you're just making up the name? For those interested in the concept there is two games:
Sucker for Love: First Date
Sucker for Love: Date to Die For
Pretty sure second one you play as female character.

Although not eldritch abominations, there's always Monster Prom if one wants to date monsters in general, lots of options.
lol yeah, that was a fun series too lol. (wasn't zoe also kinda an eldritch horror? even tho they also gave her a cutesified form and mde her an otaku )

Although they actually more or less get flustered/seem to care for the mc (well besides auntie nyan nyan) a bit more than just wanting to kill you (minus the bad endings) (tho it would be interesting if this MC being 'exposed' to so many monsters did affect her 'sanity' a bit/indirectly drain her 'life force' even if they don't eat her yet. altho if she considers herself 'abnormal' , maybe being more mentally unstable will ironically make her seem 'normal' to her classmates
Maybe this slenderman entity does not physically feed on flesh like deathworm girl does.

It mentioning it is interested in the FMC hints that slenderman may feed something more abstract, like emotions or something like that.

At this point she might BS her way into a polycule 8D;

Be interesting if it was revealed that her grannie has a monster bestie or so b/c she's a 'weirdo' herself so she doesn't care if someone else acts 'abnormal'. Or even having married a monster or so, i'm sure other than it being 'instinct' to eat everyone around you, some ppl would actually have the guise of a 'family' too lol

Dex-chan lover

Maybe in part because it's young girl? If we ignore gender there's the fact that simply being an adult sucks, if we take gender into account there's the fact that girls have more freedom to be themselves, relatively speaking.

There might be the practical side too, girls are beneath suspicion, they're underestimated, perfect camouflage for a monster.

Also probably helps if they act in strange ways, if a girl is quirky she might be considered cute enough to let it pass, if a guy is quirky he might be considered a fucking weirdo that nobody wants to be with.
Other than being low-key/under the radar, if this universe 'expanded' more i can totally see a thing where "Ceo of famous food chain/clothing brand is secretly a monster" or so/taking over the body of someone rich and stuff

or some 'celeb'/politician and such. being rich enough to fly to some diff country under the guise as 'charity' work and then eating a handful of ppl who wouldn't be missed

(And for the 'who goes into the bio lab' iline, just assumed she meant that most ppl wouldn't usually wanna talk with the og sensei after school normally and she only chose that as a waiting place in ch 2 b/c she knew it'd be empty with the teacher being gone/low chance of another classmate being there and having to awkwardly talk to them)

Dex-chan lover
Called it! It was a shapeshifter.

However, I am surprised that they don't seem aware that worm girl is in the area, so how the hell they even know the dude was dead to assume his identity is a mystery to me. They could be playing dumb and knows about Takahashi tho...

Anyways, now we have a new monster who doesn't have to kill to change forms and just yassified themselves out of the blue? Go off, queen :dogkek: :dogkek: :dogkek:

I hope they end up being friendly. Just to make worm girl jealous or something. I want her to go "How dare you befriend MY MEAL and try stealing her away from my side?"

Users who are viewing this thread