Nyako to Hakase - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Chuu Chuu

Dex-chan lover
Should have stayed dead. Also, Harmless Monsters was still translating this one iirc, even if it had an irregular release schedule

Fed-Kun's army
Should have stayed dead. Also, Harmless Monsters was still translating this one iirc, even if it had an irregular release schedule
Is Koolio a bad translator or is there something else bad about him/her? I read some bad stuff on their Koolio N Pals thread here on the forums & I saw mostly negative stuff about Koolio.

Dex-chan lover
Is Koolio a bad translator or is there something else bad about him/her? I read some bad stuff on their Koolio N Pals thread here on the forums & I saw mostly negative stuff about Koolio.
used to translate this one ecchi fantasy manga about a guy that after graduating from magic school, couldn't get a job, and was cornered into taking one on a black magic company. Black Magic companies had all the infamous reputation of irl black companies, but he lucked out and the company was the exact opposite of the rumors about the black magi industry. Anyways, Koolio used to inject the manga full of left leaning, anticapitalist memes, and just shitty, out of place memes in general in the dialogue. He rightfully got some big backlash from this and vanished from the site 4 years ago. This is just a TL;DR, but since the forums and comments are back up, you should still be able to find the whole thing if you dig through the chapter comments on the manga.
Uh-huh, like once in half a year, lol!
still better than running the risk of having to deal with koolio's shitty fucking memespeak and anticapitalist propaganda in the medium I specifically read to forget real life's bullshit

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
used to translate this one ecchi fantasy manga about a guy that after graduating from magic school, couldn't get a job, and was backed into taking one on a black magic company. Black Magic companies had all the infamous reputation of irl black companies, but he lucked out and the company was the exact opposite of the rumors about the black magi industry. Anyways, Koolio used to inject the manga full of left leaning, anticapitalist memes, and just shitty, out of place memes in general in the dialogue. He rightfully got some big backlash from this and vanished from the site 4 years ago. This is just a TL;DR, but since the forums and comments are back up, you should still be able to find the whole thing if you dig through the chapter comments on the manga.

still better than running the risk of having to deal with koolio's shitty fucking memespeak and anticapitalist propaganda in the medium I specifically read to forget real life's bullshit
I might check that manga you mentioned to see what you were talking about later. I thought maybe it was also something like this that Koolio added at the very end of this chapter:

MN9120B.png

because I was about to say, "what the honest fuck is this?". To me memes really shouldn't be added into fan translations, as I doubt the original manga in Japanese had any memes in it, (I'm only guessing here since I don't know much Japanese myself & I've never studied the language either).

Aggregator gang
funniest read ive ever had was the afterword of chapter 16 and diving straight to comments

Dex-chan lover
I can't really see this risk coming true in the two chapters translated so far; and you can always just put the guy into your translation ignore list, moving from getting those potential badly translated chapters back to the current status quo: no translated chapters at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man she just wanted some drugs, why won't someone drug that cat.

Group Leader
2 months without an update means its up for grabs imo. And I didn't see any cringe memes in the translation this time so i say go for it
No, it's 3 months, a series is up for grabbing if, it has not been updated for at least 3 months, or has been announced dropped. Common courtesy between scanlation group. Harmless Monsters did not meet that criteria, which means this considered a snipe. But no drama needed, we have talked to the other group and they cool and agree to let Harmless Monsters cook.

Double-page supporter
No, it's 3 months, a series is up for grabbing if, it has not been updated for at least 3 months, or has been announced dropped. Common courtesy between scanlation group. Harmless Monsters did not meet that criteria, which means this considered a snipe. But no drama needed, we have talked to the other group and they cool and agree to let Harmless Monsters cook.
I've never heard of a hard rule about 3 months for sniping. But that sort of thing only really matters to scanlators tbh. For readers like myself, I'm not gonna cry over a snipe if it's good quality.

Dex-chan lover
MN9120B.png

because I was about to say, "what the honest fuck is this?". To me memes really shouldn't be added into fan translations, as I doubt the original manga in Japanese had any memes in it, (I'm only guessing here since I don't know much Japanese myself & I've never studied the language either).
Tbh I don't care as long as the memes are kept to the translators advertising page at the end of the chapter. Tons of other translation groups add a page advertising their translations, and plenty of them use it to also try to be funny (even though 90 percent of the time they aren't)

Fed-Kun's army
Tbh I don't care as long as the memes are kept to the translators advertising page at the end of the chapter. Tons of other translation groups add a page advertising their translations, and plenty of them use it to also try to be funny (even though 90 percent of the time they aren't)
I'd say that would be more acceptable for them to have the meme stuff on their translators advertising page instead of in the word bubbles of what the characters are saying.

Wow 90% of the time the fan translators memes aren't funny.

Users who are viewing this thread