Oishinbo - Vol. 6 Ch. 49 - To Season with Sharpness

Aggregator gang
I forgot that it was this chapter that taught me how to eat wasabi properly

This was where I learned it too, almost a decade ago when I found this volume in a Japanese restaurant.

Years later, I would also learn that people tend to not like being corrected on how they eat wasabi, and also that most of modern Japan isn't that particular about it either, so eat it however you want. (I still do it the Yamaoka way.)

ssc

In the past, I've heard that you're supposed to keep wasabi and soy sauce separate, but this is the first time I had an explanation for it.

Also, there's a typo on pg 4. The father's age was copied on to the daughter's age.

In the past, I've heard that you're supposed to keep wasabi and soy sauce separate, but this is the first time I had an explanation for it.

Also, there's a typo on pg 4. The father's age was copied on to the daughter's age.
Whoops!
Should be fixed now. The young lady is 23 years old.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the chapters where I felt the correlation between the food and the personal relationship feels like such a stretch, but a lot of the Oishinbo chapters are like this so I just shrug it off now 😅

This is one of the chapters where I felt the correlation between the food and the personal relationship feels like such a stretch, but a lot of the Oishinbo chapters are like this so I just shrug it off now 😅
It is often tenous. But if it gives Yamaoka an excuse to teach me about food, I wholeheartedly welcome it.
Even if he gets the science wrong sometimes but hey, he's not a scientist. He's a journalist.

Users who are viewing this thread