Omiai Shitakunakatta node, Murinandai na Jouken wo Tsuketara Doukyuusei ga Kita Ken ni Tsuite - Ch. 10.6 - Pool date with my 'fiancé' - Part 6

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update. The brother in law is an annoying prick

Dex-chan lover
There's certainly no rule against falling in love with an arranged marriage partner. At the end of the day, you need to meet the person you start to like somehow. If you are compatible, then you are compatible. It doesn't matter how you met, as long as the meeting wasn't catastrophic. Though there are weirdos who actually require a strange first meeting, including something that would seem abysmal to others.

Dex-chan lover
I can't be the only one who thought her brother-in-law was sensible. I don't know about the "being in love" part, but I agreed with making Yuzuru aware that it's an arranged marriage she can't say no to. They're only fifteen, so it's not like you should expect their emotional maturity.

Dex-chan lover
They're laying it on a bit thick to push him away. Not that he's insufficiently stubborn to fall for that.

Actually, I'm pretty sure she has a choice in saying it's for politics. If both parties agree with it, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Yeah, the kind of stubborn person who only hears what's convenient. So he's Twitter or whatever they're calling it these days.

It's hard to trust someone who doesn't trust you. For that to happen it usually requires some difference in power dynamics or knowledge. None of that is a good foundation for a relationship.

"If you really like her, break up with her!"
Because that makes so much sense. I mean, it's not what he's saying, but it's what he's saying.

Also, not out of line. It's entirely appropriate to tell him the situation he doesn't seem to understand, or is ignoring.

"If you set your minds to it, you can fall for each other."
While that's way past by now, that's pretty much how marriages has been for most of history. Marry first, fall in love second. While there are obvious downsides like that not being assured, it does tend to create more stable marriages since from the start it's based on working things out together, so if problems appear (and they probably will), the tools are already there to solve them.

It doesn't matter how you met, as long as the meeting wasn't catastrophic.
And there are tons of stories that are based on that.

I agreed with making Yuzuru aware that it's an arranged marriage she can't say no to.
While it's not wrong (other than that she's not forced to "lie" and say she's doing it for love), it's not his place to say so, he's saying it for his own interests, and by doing so he's looking down on both of them. So I wouldn't call him sensible.

Group Leader
thanks for the translation.

considering how slow the chapters release I wish the story would progress a bit more each chapter. at this pace it will take 10+ years until they finally realise they like each other :/
Totally agree on this, the web/light novel is so far ahead that 10years+ is not even a joke 😭

Dex-chan lover
There's certainly no rule against falling in love with an arranged marriage partner. At the end of the day, you need to meet the person you start to like somehow. If you are compatible, then you are compatible. It doesn't matter how you met, as long as the meeting wasn't catastrophic. Though there are weirdos who actually require a strange first meeting, including something that would seem abysmal to others.
Unfortunately, arranged marriages are (heh) arranged by a third party who might or might not have their own designs on the matter. And might, directly or indirectly, apply pressure for the marriage to go forward. Of course, forcing a marriage of others because of personal interest regardless of their opinion or feelings is neither the responsible nor the reasonable thing, but the arranging party and/or the groom/bride wasn't always reasonable historically...

In this case, the creepy in-law wasn't exactly wrong in saying the marriage was because of her family's interests and they were trampling on her opinions and feelings on the matter. But the MC was spot on as well: if the current deal was off, her family will simply sell her off to somebody else and the in-law would not be able to do anything about it. So at least be with somebody who will treat her as a person and not as a trophy or worse. But you can see that both families are pressuring the pair to go forward and get together.

Dex-chan lover
So at least be with somebody who will treat her as a person and not as a trophy or worse. But you can see that both families are pressuring the pair to go forward and get together.

She's a pretty good match for his dream requirements, though. They even get along well, so the personalities aren't a bad match. At the end of the day, I reckon neither of them actually wanted to remain single forever. This just came about much sooner than they would have expected. Yet if they had met under less forceful circumstances, they might have become a couple more naturally. It might not have been impossible for their parents to arrange that, but it certainly would have been a lot of tedious and delicate work.

Dex-chan lover
Of course, forcing a marriage of others because of personal interest regardless of their opinion or feelings is neither the responsible nor the reasonable thing, but the arranging party and/or the groom/bride wasn't always reasonable historically...
What's reasonable and responsible is very subjective. In cases that involves long-standing families and businesses it might not be the absolute best choice for those particular individuals, but it might be what keeps the jobs of a ton of people working for them. The happiness of two versus the livelihood of many.

Of course, "personal interest" can be anything from "I want more power, regardless of who suffers," to, "I want my future family to be safe and secure," so it's not like it's a one-solution problem.

Dex-chan lover
I have read far too many mangas to have felt safe in leaving a girl alone with the jealous stalker who intends to rape her, without feeling as if I am leaving her in the hands of someone intending to rape her.~

Like, leaving a girl to get home alone is safe, there's no real danger in that. It how they get around normally anyway. (though still courteous to at least walk your friend - gender doesn't matter - to the bus stop and keep them company talking until it arrives. Just to lessen the hateful period that is called "moving between point A and B" somewhat)
But leaving her with that guy? Who is clearly obsessed with her? strangeracquaintance danger!!!

Dex-chan lover
Is it normal for Japanese to talk so much shit to a person they've just met?

Like, at least get to know the other party for a week before you start claiming that you know what's best, Jesus.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, arranged marriages are (heh) arranged by a third party who might or might not have their own designs on the matter. And might, directly or indirectly, apply pressure for the marriage to go forward. Of course, forcing a marriage of others because of personal interest regardless of their opinion or feelings is neither the responsible nor the reasonable thing, but the arranging party and/or the groom/bride wasn't always reasonable historically...
I'm not sure how people can think that aranged marriage are bad because someone else aranged them when the divorce rate of mariage aranged by the people who marry themself is at more than 70% in the firt ten year...

Like, at least get to know the other party for a week before you start claiming that you know what's best, Jesus.
That's a standard for humanity. It's the same everywhere, people judge other by their own prejudice and never for who people realy are.

Dex-chan lover

It's in asian culture to talk pointless thing and boasting their own opinion before they met an agreement to understanding whether they can be friend or not. It's a culture that exist among the worker class people (not entrepreneurs).

You can disagree with this but it would be much advised to know pointless topic to show you are know something to prevent you from being scammed. I think the western culture is going to become this culture too considering there is an uprising of crime being justified in there. It's pretty necessary wisdom if you can do that

(My reply is not necessary a debate from yours. Just adding my commentary about the topics)

Dex-chan lover
Before anything, let me be clear that I consider the freedom of love, marriage and choice of partner an undeniable right (in fact, isn't something like that in the UDHR?) regardless of gender, race, orientation, social status or whatever. I'm not unreasonable or extremist regarding it and can accept third parties as long as they limit themselves to counselling and the will of the spouses are paramount.

She's a pretty good match for his dream requirements, though. They even get along well, so the personalities aren't a bad match. At the end of the day, I reckon neither of them actually wanted to remain single forever. This just came about much sooner than they would have expected. Yet if they had met under less forceful circumstances, they might have become a couple more naturally. It might not have been impossible for their parents to arrange that, but it certainly would have been a lot of tedious and delicate work.
I agree on that: they suit the other pretty well but for now they are "together" out of convenience and it shows. I'm not sure about them naturally getting together, they seemed very apart in school with her being the "cold flower" of the class and him being uninterested in romance at first. Maybe they would have been together in time, but both families' rushing matters might make the whole thing explode in their faces. Which, isn't it still the plan AFAIF?

What's reasonable and responsible is very subjective. In cases that involves long-standing families and businesses it might not be the absolute best choice for those particular individuals, but it might be what keeps the jobs of a ton of people working for them. The happiness of two versus the livelihood of many.

Of course, "personal interest" can be anything from "I want more power, regardless of who suffers," to, "I want my future family to be safe and secure," so it's not like it's a one-solution problem.
In those extreme situations, usually there are other ways to solve them that don't require "sacrificing" a family member. Also, I personally think that demanding or offering an arranged marriage to seal a business/political deal doesn't seem like a trustworthy practice in this time and age.
However, take into account that I was talking in the extreme of the interested parties' selfishness. I'm well aware that in many of the arranged marriages in history the families did their damned best to ensure the pair were happy and cherished each other, to the point of calling the thing off if it was going nowhere or there were suspicions of potential abuse in some cases. But it wasn't always the case and many marriages were literally forced on one or both of the spouses and caused no end of grief.

I'm not sure how people can think that aranged marriage are bad because someone else aranged them when the divorce rate of mariage aranged by the people who marry themself is at more than 70% in the firt ten year...
Probably because many of those marriages are on unequal terms or stances, and either of the spouses cannot annul or divorce that easily, regardless of how they're treated. There are many cases in the present time where arranged marriages cannot be annulled due to familiar pressure, economic conditions to outright threats or abuse.

Also, it's not the same to pay a matchmaker service where they counsel and present you a variety of other clients seeking the same while still calling the shots (like some dating apps) to your own family telling you that you're engaged to this person you barely know (if that) and whatever risk there would be if you say "no" to them.

Dex-chan lover
Also, I personally think that demanding or offering an arranged marriage to seal a business/political deal doesn't seem like a trustworthy practice in this time and age.
Me neither, but it's the view some of them have.

However, take into account that I was talking in the extreme of the interested parties' selfishness.
My point of view is that I find it less interesting to talk about the extremes, since then you're delving into black or white reasoning, which is often self-evident if you share even some base values. It also tends to diminish that the vast majority lies in the large spectrum between. Which is applicable to many topics.

Dex-chan lover
I agree on that: they suit the other pretty well but for now they are "together" out of convenience and it shows. I'm not sure about them naturally getting together, they seemed very apart in school with her being the "cold flower" of the class and him being uninterested in romance at first. Maybe they would have been together in time, but both families' rushing matters might make the whole thing explode in their faces. Which, isn't it still the plan AFAIF?

Yes, this would be an extremely hollow story if it didn't show. They are naturally supposed to be against it, considering this was forced upon them for reasons that are heavily related to their backgrounds but are not exactly in their own hands. They aren't the bosses of their family businesses, just the owners' children. If they were the owners themselves and agreed to get married to seal the deal between their companies (sounds like extremely stretched fiction), then it would be 100% their own business.

If you ignore the whole 19th century deal of getting them married to allow Yuzuru's family's business to help Arisa's parents' business, then I feel like the two kids actually, in perfect understanding, faking it all is a good story idea from the author. It's basically the victimised kids turning the tables on their tyrannical parents. Though naturally we ought to expect them to fall in love for real. Happy ending for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread