Once You Know the True Meanings... - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Criminal Investigation

Dex-chan lover
She buried them like Spongebob buried the health inspector, then surprised pikachu face when the police finds out about it :kek:
man I was so young to realize how dark this episode is....I was all like nasty patty :kek: :kek: funny zombie stuffs

Dex-chan lover
so the twist of this one is that one of the colleagues is an undead superhuman who managed to survive however she thinks she killed them, then survive being buried alive, then rip themselves out of the earth so they could report it to the police and get revenge?

a bit more of a stretch than the others

Dex-chan lover
Before hint: For this one I see that there's two bodies that were buried, and the police said that they found three. Is that what's the twist?

After hint: How the hell was I supposed to know those were all right hands😢? Was close I guess though

Dex-chan lover
so the twist of this one is that one of the colleagues is an undead superhuman who managed to survive however she thinks she killed them, then survive being buried alive, then rip themselves out of the earth so they could report it to the police and get revenge?

a bit more of a stretch than the others
It's hard for a slightly built woman to kill four people with a shovel, so she didn't manage to do it good enough (of course there's a possibility that she used another weapon, it's still difficult). For her to bury four people deep enough would take days, so she probably only shoveled enough dirt over them to just cover the bodies, and just bet on it to take a while for someone to discover them (no luck). The reason for the shovel could be that they were out there to dig up the loot, otherwise it would have been difficult for her to get the others there without trouble.

It's very possible to write around the problems and make something like this into a good story, because someone did.
This is very similar to the plot in John Dickson Carr's 1930s crime classic "The Hollow Man":
Three French-Hungarian brothers commit a bank robbery, hides the loot but are caught and imprisoned in a plague-ravaged prison. They fake sickness, pay a guard and are put in coffins and buried in shallow graves outside the prison. The strongest brother have a small tool so he can dig himself out and then his brothers. He digs himself out, but instead of helping his brothers he escapes with all the money himself. In the morning the open grave is discovered and the two others are dug up. One brother is dead, but the other is still alive and is locked up to serve out his term. After many years he is released and sets out to find his brother who is now very wealthy and living in another country. And that's when the fun starts!

I would advise anyone to find and read this book, it has been selected as the best locked room mystery of all time and is also high up on lists of the best crime novels ever written.
My own view is that it's not really literature, but (like Carr's other books) more an entertaining intellectual puzzle. In this case that is reinforced by the "detective" Dr. Fell breaking the fourth wall by admitting that they are in a novel, and discussing possible crime novel solutions. I love things like that so much that I sometimes write way too long about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So, the archeologist from prev chapter came to their senses and reported their finding of the fresh mass grave to the police?

Dex-chan lover
She buried them like Spongebob buried the health inspector, then surprised pikachu face when the police finds out about it :kek:
She buried 4 people (notice the 4 right hands in panel 1). The police is identifying 3 bodies.

I'd say the surprised Pikachu face is perfectly justified in her case.

So, the archeologist from prev chapter came to their senses and reported their finding of the fresh mass grave to the police?
The archeologists found a grave of at least 9 people, based on the number of skulls. They're unrelated. Besides, the girl notes the bodies were found "right away", so it probably happened only a few days ago. Corpses take several years to turn to bones.

Dex-chan lover
She must've just bashed their heads with shovel. And the 4th is coming to get his/her revenge.

Dex-chan lover
She buried 4 people (notice the 4 right hands in panel 1). The police is identifying 3 bodies.

I'd say the surprised Pikachu face is perfectly justified in her case.
you mean the last panel? it wasn't the police ringing that bell you know
I know, but my joke is that she didn't bury them deep enough (with body part sticking out of the ground), and then act surprised as to why the police discovered her crime scene right away. I understand about the missing 1 body and who rang the bell

Users who are viewing this thread