One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 10 Ch. 73 - Self-Restraint

Dex-chan lover
It's weird that reading this is so nostalgic for me now, the start of the pandemic feels so long ago now. Very relatable feelings. I feel like the previous chapters' enthusiasm for all of these activities actually nicely coincided with my own enthusiastic rediscovery of "outings" in the last couple of years when things opened up again.

We should have a betting pool for how long everyone thinks there's going to be covid chapters 😷
I'm gonna guess... 10 more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
We should have a betting pool for how long everyone thinks there's going to be covid chapters 😷

Ah yes here it comes, the gamble we've all been waiting for :D
It's weird that reading this is so nostalgic for me now, the start of the pandemic feels so long ago now. Very relatable feelings. I feel like the previous chapters' enthusiasm for all of these activities actually nicely coincided with my own enthusiastic rediscovery of "outings" in the last couple of years when things opened up again.

I'm gonna guess... 10 more chapters.

It is weird indeed... I really don't miss those days, lots of bad stuff happened, but stuff that's happening now somehow manages to be worse than covid times and this chapter made me go "awww 🥺"
Especially at Miyamoto... Poor guy can't even confide in anyone that he too misses their outings together
Wonder what Hyoudou is up to. And if team Tonegawa is wearing full hazmat suits at this point

Dex-chan lover
Guys please, go big or go broke, i am going for a full rona volume!

Ah yes here it comes, the gamble we've all been waiting for :D

It is weird indeed... I really don't miss those days, lots of bad stuff happened, but stuff that's happening now somehow manages to be worse than covid times and this chapter made me go "awww 🥺"
Especially at Miyamoto... Poor guy can't even confide in anyone that he too misses their outings together
Wonder what Hyoudou is up to. And if team Tonegawa is wearing full hazmat suits at this point
This!!! going back to office spaces felt waay worse than the lock-down, and the price of gas was and still is trough the roof, so transportation felt like being kicked in the nuts, that alone was harsh, but on top of that the rona wasn't even over, i myself caught it on december last year, so on top of it all you still were risking getting sick, so if you weren't feeling the "man why do i have to go out?" before getting sick you will end with the "fuck why did i had to go out!?" after

And that's without the weather coming in with a vengeance, and the world deciding to start planning a 3rd world war, the early 20s were actually chill if you think about it

Dex-chan lover
And that's without the weather coming in with a vengeance, and the world deciding to start planning a 3rd world war, the early 20s were actually chill if you think about it
Haaaah yep, I myself have fallen down the fkmt rabbit hole as escapism from said war :D I'm thankful that this year we don't have blackouts because I would despair greatly without my pointy noses.

That's why I'm so grateful for the spinoffs and current state of Kaiji part 6. It's just goofy wholesome stuff that's relatable - though I don't see them having a very big arc about the rona since they can't even come close to each other. And how will Isawa ever survive without his ammonites?

Ah. Hell year.

Well, the tone of the two rona chapters so far have been surprisingly upbeat and positive whilst not shying from the issues that came with dealing with that mess. The manga as a whole is always sincere about things, which I definitely appreciate.

No idea, but I'm kinda gunning for a whole volume of chapters just to see how the mangaka handles it. Edit: well damn, I've already lost. That'll teach me for not commenting on the latest chapter...

Double-page supporter
Hell year but it was so special I feel slightly nostalgic for it. First weeks/month was fun, but after that it really degenerated into a whole other beast.

Dex-chan lover
Oh woah, so COVID appears in Foreman too... Most manga I read didn't really acknowledge it so it's cool to see both Ichijou and this reference real-world events.
I wonder if this kinda thing will need context notes when it gets reread as vintage manga decades down the line lol

Users who are viewing this thread