One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 14 Ch. 110 - Shoe Path

Dex-chan lover
The Alben's Satou bought were 143000 yen or $913 USD
Here's the Alden website: https://www.aldenshop.com/collections/shoes

My brother's a sneakerhead. He's bought so many sneakers that we needed to buy extra levels in our shoe rack. Got into many fights my parents because of it lol. He finds a girlfriend and now his sneakerhead addiction has turned into a sneaker+clothing+travel+fine dining addiction. They don't fight anymore for some reason even though his spending has doubled.
Why couldn't he just get into chinchiro like me? :confused:

Dex-chan lover
Now that's true fashion passion. I happen to live with a sneakerhead too but rather than save up she gets Nike's as soon as she gets paid and then makes sad hungry noises & hunts down my half-dead vapes for the rest of the month. We too had to get an additional rack... And there are more shoes stored at her bf's. Were she to end up in Satou's circumstances though she'd probably easily go exactly his route.

Btw love the little detail on that rpg panel that Isawa and Ootsuki seem to be more like tanks and Miyamoto is perfectly balanced in terms of hp and mp.

Great chapter as always, maybe Satou will make it to permanent freedom with no place to call home but at least luxury shoes will warm his heart.

At the present currency exchange rate where I'm at, for the price of Alben's you can afford rent in the capital in an okayish flat + bills + transportation and a varied and fulfilling diet for the month. You can even take yourself out places a couple times a month. Or you can get 4-5 pairs of Nike's and make sad noises.

Dex-chan lover
Now that's true fashion passion. I happen to live with a sneakerhead too but rather than save up she gets Nike's as soon as she gets paid and then makes sad hungry noises & hunts down my half-dead vapes for the rest of the month. We too had to get an additional rack... And there are more shoes stored at her bf's. Were she to end up in Satou's circumstances though she'd probably easily go exactly his route.

Btw love the little detail on that rpg panel that Isawa and Ootsuki seem to be more like tanks and Miyamoto is perfectly balanced in terms of hp and mp.

Great chapter as always, maybe Satou will make it to permanent freedom with no place to call home but at least luxury shoes will warm his heart.

At the present currency exchange rate where I'm at, for the price of Alben's you can afford rent in the capital in an okayish flat + bills + transportation and a varied and fulfilling diet for the month. You can even take yourself out places a couple times a month. Or you can get 4-5 pairs of Nike's and make sad noises.
Some Ukrainians I talk to online buy from aliexpress in China to cut down on expenses while still being to feel like they're in the middle class. It's like an economic equalizer, allowing them to feel competitive against the rest of the world. Those expenses you quoted were pretty the same when I was living in E. Asia a few years ago. After moving back I still spend as though I'm still there. I can't get used to 'western spending' anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Some Ukrainians I talk to online buy from aliexpress in China to cut down on expenses while still being to feel like they're in the middle class. It's like an economic equalizer, allowing them to feel competitive against the rest of the world. Those expenses you quoted were pretty the same when I was living in E. Asia a few years ago. After moving back I still spend as though I'm still there. I can't get used to 'western spending' anymore.
Aliexpress is good but suggesting it to a Satou-level sneakerhead is like gifting lipton teabags to a luxury tea enjoyer :D
First world prices are so terrifying indeed, here you've kinda made it in life if your salary is 2k usd...

Dex-chan lover
I am not a sneaker head, but i was spoiled by the early 00s Jordan's line of shoes, and now every other shoe design looks ugly to me

When i had to get formal shoes for internships and work it became a real issue, luckily for me i found some formal-casual shoes online, around that time physical stores didn't had that nice middle ground, so i ordered some sports shoes that look like formal shoes out of Ebay

So yeah, Alben would have to pay me if they want me to use their shoes, i would never

Dex-chan lover
I was very briefly a sneakerhead... I really liked the designs of stuff like the Gucci Aces, Common Projects Achilles, some Fendi sneakers... I liked the more minimal low top stuff from high fashion houses.

When I got my first "real" (office) job, I impulsively bought a pair of Gucci Aces for like $700CAD. And then... I never wore them because I was too afraid of getting them dirty lol. And right then and there my desire for expensive shoes was nipped in the bud. I bought a few knockoffs on AliExpress, but nowadays I don't even care about that, I just buy Adidas sneakers on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread