One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 15 Ch. 115 - Manga Troubles

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter 116 is an ad for Slay The Spire. I'm skipping it...I know you guys don't like the gaps and it triggers my own OCD but I don't have the time or energy to do ad chapters right now.

Y'all ever been burnt out before? It's when the thing you used to enjoy doing no longer has purpose or meaning, and your fatigue compounds and manifests in both physical and emotional symptoms. One of the times I've felt it was when I hit a wall in my Japanese. I couldn't find any way to get better at it after I left uni because I missed the structure it gave me and needing to face tasks and assessments within certain deadlines. I'm still unsatisfied with where I'm at with it, but I keep myself busy these days with scanlating and reading in my free time.

Foreman's not so bad. I'm glad he was able to set his relationship straight with Setouchi, where it's no longer one person using the other. I have a theory that he's nice to people he sees value in, and extra punishing towards the people who don't have the talent or desire to get better.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter 116 is an ad for Slay The Spire. I'm skipping it...I know you guys don't like the gaps and it triggers my own OCD but I don't have the time or energy to do ad chapters right now.

Y'all ever been burnt out before? It's when the thing you used to enjoy doing no longer has purpose or meaning, and your fatigue compounds and manifests in both physical and emotional symptoms. One of the times I've felt it was when I hit a wall in my Japanese. I couldn't find any way to get better at it after I left uni because I missed the structure it gave me and needing to face tasks and assessments within certain deadlines. I'm still unsatisfied with where I'm at with it, but I keep myself busy these days with scanlating and reading in my free time.

Foreman's not so bad. I'm glad he was able to set his relationship straight with Setouchi, where it's no longer one person using the other. I have a theory that he's nice to people he sees value in, and extra punishing towards the people who don't have the talent or desire to get better.
Maybe YOU need a one day outing...go to a spa, check out a restaurant in town you've never been to...

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if Satoru Kawano the manga artist from last chapter, will end up getting involved in this mini arc

Dude what Slay the Spire has a an ad in here holly shit i love that game!

chinchiro_addict is set free...!
On this day...

He played Slay the Spire all day, at a cheap business hotel

Dex-chan lover
Wait, a Slay the Spire ad? Were they thinking Kaiji fans would enjoy rogue-like card games??? No way....

Loved this chapter btw. Was half-expecting Ootsuki to show his sketchbook as proof of his desire to be an artist. But he was really smart in playing up Setouchi's empathy and get him to try a different genre than usual.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if Satoru Kawano the manga artist from last chapter, will end up getting involved in this mini arc

Dude what Slay the Spire has a an ad in here holly shit i love that game!

He played Slay the Spire all day, at a cheap business hotel
Okok. The was a post on Reddit where someone asked if they'd eat a door over a year for x about of dollars. This is my door I guess. I'll do at it slowly when I have time

Dex-chan lover
Also voting to please do the Slay the Spire chapter when you have the chance, I'm also a huge fan lol

I can relate to Ootsuki here, as someone who is a devoted fan of a lot of things, and I do a lot of reviews and commentary and analysis and such, but my own actual original creations are much fewer, smaller, and further between. For me it's always been a hobby, I envied people I knew that were throwing themselves wholeheartedly into creative processes. And for some reason I envied them even more when they were struggling... When I saw my animator friend working through the night while we lived together, I wished I could do something for him, but I also wished that I had something that I was so passionate about that I could work like that.

It's a weird feeling

Dex-chan lover
Also voting to please do the Slay the Spire chapter when you have the chance, I'm also a huge fan lol

I can relate to Ootsuki here, as someone who is a devoted fan of a lot of things, and I do a lot of reviews and commentary and analysis and such, but my own actual original creations are much fewer, smaller, and further between. For me it's always been a hobby, I envied people I knew that were throwing themselves wholeheartedly into creative processes. And for some reason I envied them even more when they were struggling... When I saw my animator friend working through the night while we lived together, I wished I could do something for him, but I also wished that I had something that I was so passionate about that I could work like that.

It's a weird feeling
Alright, looks like meat's back on the menu boys. Don't tell the other bozos you're my favorite child 🥳

Dex-chan lover
Oh oof another chapter that hits a lil too close to home for everyone but possibly the closest for the author...

chinchiro_addict and everyone, please take care of yourself ._. Burnout's a bich and you oughta be your highest priority. It's gonna hurt more to light that fire anew the longer you let the cinders get cold.

Yep, sure seems like it

Users who are viewing this thread